For the past several months, I’ve been meeting with three outstanding authors who live in the Oklahoma City area and have dreamed for years of organizing their own conference for writers and aspiring writers. Together, Rene Gutteridge, Melanie Hemry, and Cheri Fuller have published over 70 books with traditional print publishers. Today I’m thrilled to announce the first annual “Write Well, Sell Well Conference” is scheduled for Saturday, September 21, 2013, in Oklahoma City! A 1 page PDF flyer is available with more information about the conference and registration details. The conference will be held at Crossings Community Center.
In addition to continuing to help Rene, Melanie and Cheri with their conference website, I’ll be helping facilitate a conference breakout panel discussion on Independent & eBook Publishing. Having just published my second eBook last month, I’m eager to both share my lessons learned with independent eBook publishing as well as learn from others about their experiences as well as challenges in this process.
If you’re a writer or interested in becoming a published writer, this one day conference will provide some outstanding opportunities to learn more about the trade. Sessions will focus both on the craft of writing as well as the business/marketing side of writing. The keynote address in the morning will be shared by Greg Johnson, who has been a full-time literary agent since 1994. Check out the conference speaker’s page for more details about Greg and the other scheduled speakers.
I hope to see you in Oklahoma City on September 21st for the Write Well, Sell Well Conference!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Better Remote Learning: Focus on TIME boundaries, Expectations, and Simple Procedures - 2020
- An Important Conversation About Internet Trolls, Sharing Personal Information, Sexual Assault, and More - 2020
- Hallelujah: Oklahoma Withdraws from Common Core PARCC Testing Consortium - 2013
- iPad Tutorial: Use a Free Amazon Wish List as an Information Trap for Books - 2012
- The Pivot to Personal Digital Learning by Tom Vander Ark #innov8 - 2011
- Why email is NOT good enough for communication today - 2010
- Phenomenal Math Curriculum Makeover Video by Dan Meyer - 2010
- Debunking Myths of SextCasting - 2009
- 3 more days to submit for K12Online08! - 2008
- links for 2008-07-08 - 2008
I am an EDM310 student at the University of South Alabama. I get so excited when I see somebody succeeding in the publishing business. I’ve been an aspiring author ever since I was eight and work towards it everyday. I really enjoyed reading this, and it motivated me to work hard to finish my two books this year.