(This is cross-posted from RedeemingTheFamily.org. For the past couple years I’ve been a volunteer with Redeeming the Family, an Oklahoma 501c3 nonprofit, which sends teams of volunteers into Oklahoma prisons to help parents who are inmates record DVD messages for their children: reading books to them and sharing messages of love. I strongly encourage you to view this narrated slideshow (playing the synchronized audio) and share this project with others in your state. Currently “The Messages Project” is only in 4 U.S. states: Virginia, Nebraska, Missouri, and Oklahoma. One non-profit has started to bring it to one California prison. Many people wonder what we can do to help children and families affected by incarceration. “Redeeming the Family” has a very positive and powerful answer to that question.)
On Friday, September 6, 2013, Redeeming the Family executive director Cheri Fuller shared a presentation for the “Oklahoma Children of Incarcerated Parents Task Force” in Oklahoma City. The slides and synchronized, recorded audio from that presentation are available in the following Slidecast on SlideShare. The presentation, before the question and answer period, was 35 minutes long.
Cheri shared three different video clips during her presentation. The complete video, “Found Causes: Redeeming the Family,” is available on YouTube.
Please consider making a financial donation now to help continue the work of Redeeming the Family in bringing The Messages Project to Oklahoma children with incarcerated parents.
Technorati Tags: video, prison, oklahoma, incarceration, help, family, dvd
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Presenting with Keynote and Apple Watch - 2019
- Sample Popsicle Catapult for STEM Class - 2014
- Mirroring a Cohort WordPress Blog with Posterous - 2011
- Great tips for using iOS devices for classroom audio recording - 2010
- Lessons learned using PowerPoint Jeopardy Template (game) - 2010
- Great experiences today with Google Moderator and Wimba discussing Copyright - 2009
- Using Blogs and CoverItLive to Discuss President Obama's Speech - 2009
- Assume your inbox is public record - 2008
- Convergence: iTunes and Cell Phones, iPod nano - 2005
- Reading Like Writers - 2005
[…] Fryer featured a post on his blog, Speed of Creativity, that discussed and advocates for a program that has been developed to provide support to children […]