These are the slides I’m using for the opening keynote at the 2013 Tablet Summit in Montreal, Quebec on Monday. Thanks to help from Susan VanGelder, I’m using a French pun for my keynote title, “Your Table[t]d’hôte Today.” This is a play on words since it’s the “tablet summit.” In French, it means “the menu.” I’m focusing on how the menu for students demonstrating their knowledge and understanding has exploded thanks to digital technologies like tablets. As teachers, we need to have the COURAGE to embrace these opportunities for TRANSFORMATIVE learning for students, and empower our students to “Map Media” to the curriculum in creative ways.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Comments to the Oklahoma City Board of Education: Oct 20, 2014 - 2014
- Great News for iPad Videographers (Open-In Audio Functionality Added to Pinnacle Studio) - 2013
- Introducing Your Next Educational Conference Speaker! - 2011
- The Fisch Flip in Michigan: Dale Eizenga on flipping traditional lecture and homework routines - 2010
- Facial Recognition in Software Programs and Online - 2010
- Is the E-Rate Program in the United States broken? - 2009
- Saturday morning in a 1 to 1 household - 2008
- Chris Lehmann on School Change at Ignite Philly - 2008
- More thinking about mobile, field recording for podcasts - 2007
- They're not digital natives or immigrants - 2006