This audio podcast is a reflection by Wesley and Shelly Fryer following a series of workshops on “Improving Student Writing with iPads” shared in Lewisville, Texas, January 23 and 24, 2014. We reflected on the tools and apps shared during the workshop, including TodaysMeet, KidBlog, and AudioBoo, and also discussed how different teachers (with different levels of experience using iPads and teaching students) can start implementing these ideas with students. Refer to the podcast shownotes for links to referenced resources mentioned in the podcast.
- Presentation slides for “Improving Student Writing with iPads” on SlideShare
- Cutting Edgucation podcast (@cuttingedgu) by Jake Duncan (@duncanbilingual) and Wendy Sanders (@kenya75)
- Jennie Magiera (@MsMagiera) and Autumn Laidler (@MsLaidler)
- Social Media in the Classroom: Amplifying our Students by Jennie Magiera & Autumn Laidler (ISTE13 podcast)
- #comments4kids on Twitter
- Classroom Blogs of Wesley Fryer’s STEM students (@iesSTEM)
- Life Cycle of a Snowman (stopmotion video) by @missmac100
- Interactive Writing Lessons website (still in draft form) iwlessons.com
- notes Nov 2009: Classroom Basics for 1:1 Computing by Shawn Massey and Wynn Draper-Bryant (Flint Community Schools, Michigan)
- Podcast335: Classroom Basics for 1:1 Computing by Shawn Massey and Wynn Draper-Bryant
- “Our Batak House” enhanced eBook on the iBookstore by Jane Ross (@janeinjava)
- Podstock 2014 Conference (Wichita, Kansas)
- Shelly Fryer on Twitter: @sfryer
- Wesley Fryer on Twitter: @wfryer
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcasts!
All past “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcast episodes are archived, dating back to August 2005.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Reconsider Google Love - 2022
- Killing Classen SAS in Oklahoma City Public Schools - 2019
- Lessons Learned With Elementary STEM Centers - 2014
- Access OTA - EncycloMedia 2012 Session Info via a Google Spreadsheet - 2012
- Rediscovering the joys of mobile learning with Podcaster & Audible - 2011
- Predictions for the iSlate on Wednesday: Apple Gambling Big to Redefine Digital Literacy - 2010
- OKC WordPress Group 25 Jan 2010 - 2010
- How to send broadcast SMS messages to students with Textmarks - 2010
- Fair Elections Now: Why we must change campaign finance in the United States - 2010
- Fond memories of Fred McPherson - 2008