STEM seeds (STEMseeds.org) is a teacher-created, non-commercial, free website and soon-to-be periodic podcast / webcast about STEM lesson ideas, links, and connections. The goal of STEM seeds is to amplify creative and engaging ideas for teaching and supporting STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) education inside and outside the classroom. STEM seeds supports open education and open educational resources.
You’re invited to watch and virtually participate in our first “STEM Seeds” webcast on Monday, March 3, 2014. The fun will begin at 11 am Eastern / 10 am Central / 9 am Mountain / 8 am Pacific tomorrow. Since we’re having a snow/ice day it should be a good day to start our shows! Please RSVP on the Google+ Hangout Event page, and use this link to join us live on YouTube! For our first show, Oklahoma STEM teachers will be discussing lessons we’ve been doing in our classrooms recently.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Video Tutorial: Virtual Office Hours with Google Hangouts Meet - 2020
- Mirror an iPad2 on your Mac Laptop with Reflection App - 2012
- Normalize Audio Recordings Before Publishing a Podcast - 2012
- iBooks Not Working on Jailbroken iPhones: Here's the Fix - 2012
- What Skills Can Storychasers Develop? - 2011
- Embedding video on a Wikispaces site - 2010
- 5 options for commenting on VoiceThread digital stories - 2010
- Book recommendations for teachers to be (pre-service teachers) - 2010
- 30 new VoiceThread Comments on Eragon - 2010
- Netbooks prove cloud computing is a reality - 2009