If you live in or near Oklahoma City and are an educator, please make plans to attend our first-ever PLAYDATE professional development event Saturday, May 10th from 6 – 10 pm at John Marshall High School in OKCPS. Yes that’s right: It’s a DATE and we’re meeting AFTER supper from six to ten in the evening at school! Why would busy teachers do such a thing, you ask? Because we need time to PLAY and collaborate with new digital apps and tools, that’s why! Whether you are a public or private teacher, librarian, administrator, parent volunteer, or homeschooler, you’re invited to join us!
Our PLAYDATE OKC organizer team has created a fantastic schedule for the evening, with “play sessions” organized into three different rooms. The full session list with descriptions is now available online. Topics include:
- Session 1: Robotics, Stories, Stopmotion
- Session 2: MakeyMakey, Enhanced eBooks, Guided Presentations
- Session 3: Visual Notes, Coding, Narrated Slideshows
Remember, this is NOT a “regular conference.” The tagline of PLAYDATE is: “No presenters. No agendas. Just playing.” Read more background about PLAYDATE events on the PLAYDATE OKC Backstory page. Not sure if PLAYDATE is for you? Watch this 52 second video and decide.
We’ll have 40 iPads with session apps pre-installed for participants to use, but we encourage everyone to BYOD (bring your own devices) to each session if possible. The PLAYDATE OKC schedule includes recommended materials / supplies to bring to each session.
I hope to see you at PLAYDATE OKC in a little over a week on May 10th! Registration is FREE and available via EventBrite.
Technorati Tags: development, learning, okc, okcps, oklaed, oklahoma, play, professional, playdate
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Create YouTube Channel with Custom URL (April 2013) - 2013
- Checking Algebra and Geometry Problems with WolframAlpha - 2012
- Hide FarmVille Status Updates on Facebook - 2010
- Help Needed! WordPress commenting isn't working (WordPress database error Duplicate entry) - 2009
- Visualizing Twitter - 2009
- Continuing dialog about creativity in schools, student technology skills and content filtering - 2008
- links for 2008-04-29 - 2008
- Collaboration in schools: More reasons we need it - 2007
- Import Garageband Audio at 44.1 - 2006
- Site visit UT College of Education: Year 3 of One to One Computing - 2005