Amy Loeffelholz and Wesley Fryer are excited to announce FREE registration is available for a 2 day, hands-on, elementary STEM workshop Wednesday, June 4 and Thursday, June 5, 2014, at Independence Elementary School in Yukon, Oklahoma. The workshop will be led by Amy and Wes, who are both current grade 4-5 STEM teachers at Lakeview Elementary and Independence Elementary in Yukon Public Schools. More information about this professional development “camp” is available on camp.STEMseeds.org, including the planned agenda and EventBrite registration link.
The goals of STEM seeds PD camp are to provide opportunities for teachers to experience classroom STEM lessons from a student perspective, and develop STEM lesson facilitation skills. Camp provides opportunities for STEM teacher networking, idea sharing, and collaboration. Our June 2014 STEM Seeds Camp will focus on:
- Hands-on building projects supporting engineering design
- Prosthetic Limb Construction
- Building Design / Architecture
- Forensic Science (CSI)
- Kitchen Chemistry
- Multimedia sharing through iPad-based narrated slideshows and interactive writing on KidBlog
We hope you can join us! This is late notice, so please help us spread the word via social media, email, and word-of-mouth!
Cross-posted from STEMseeds.org. Check out the STEM seeds website for archived and upcoming interviews with current STEM teachers around the United States, sharing lesson plan ideas! Our latest interview with Chris Simon from last week is now online with extensive show notes you don’t want to miss!
by Wesley Fryer
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Twitter Documentation of Classroom Folio Observations - 2019
- Read an Enhanced eBook in the Chrome Browser with Readium - 2013
- Using Student Videos on YouTube to Demonstrate Proper School Procedures - 2013
- Share Words and Pictures of Encouragement and Love with #moorehugs - 2013
- Remembering the Oklahoma City Bombing (supplementary curriculum videos) - 2010
- VoiceThread questions for graduating seniors - 2008
- Thank you Vicki Davis! - 2008
- My OLPC dream comes true - 2008
- No videoconference to Williamsburg - I'm sad - 2008
- K-12 Online 2007: Call for Proposals! - 2007