This podcast is a recording of Jennie Magiera’s opening keynote on the second day of EdTechTeacher’s Summit in Chicago on Navy Pier on July 29, 2014. Jennie is a teacher and educational leader in the Chicago Public Schools, and has taught in a 1:1 iPad classroom. Check the podcast shownotes for some of the referenced links and resources from her keynote, especially the letter from CPS students which was just published in the Chicago Tribune. Jennie and the other teachers in her team (primarily from Burley Elementary and the National Teacher’s Academy in CPS) are passionate about not only engaging students in the learning process, but also using social media to help students discover and share their own voices with those in their neighborhood, community, city, and nation. You will be inspired, touched, and encouraged to hear the stories Jennie shared in this keynote. Many thanks to her for sharing these thoughts and experiences, and giving permission for her words to be shared again here as an audio podcast.
- Follow Jennie Magiera on Twitter: @msmagiera
- Jennie Magiera’s blog: Teaching like it’s 2999
- Follow #BurNTA on Twitter (Burley Elementary and National Teachers’ Academy tweets – Jennie’s CPS team)
- EdTechTeacher Summit July 2014 (Chicago)
- My Tweets from Jennie’s keynote (Storify link coming)
- Audio podcast of Jennie Magiera & Autumn Laidler’s ISTE 2013 Presentation: Amplifying Our Students: Social Media in the Classroom
- Fuel for Educational Change Agents (Wes’ secondary podcast channel)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcasts!
All past “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcast episodes are archived, dating back to August 2005.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Contrasting Video Messages: Goodnight iPad and Cheryl and Morgan: Learning Independence - 2013
- Professionally Mobilize Your WordPress Blog with PluginBuddy Mobile - 2012
- The Hobbit in Five Minutes [Video] - 2011
- Look for innovations which change the script - 2010
- A delicious facelift, skypecast drawbacks, and a new Flickr site - 2008
- Drupal versus Ning for Learning Community Websites - 2008
- links for 2008-07-31 - 2008
- Drupal dabbling begins - 2008
- Glimpsing the future of television - 2007
- Whitelisting websites - what a pain! - 2007