Thanks to some professional development work I’m starting with a new grant project, I was able to setup a new iPad Air 2 this weekend with all the apps I use for personal productivity, content creation and sharing. As is the case with a laptop, it’s often beneficial to do a “clean install” of applications rather than restore from a backup. In the case of an iPad or iPhone, I frequently end up with lots of installed applications which I try once or use infrequently, but never get around to actually deleting from my device. A clean install is a “fresh start” and can provide a good opportunity to get rid of apps which are rarely used.
by Wesley Fryer
As I installed apps on the new iPad Air 2, I copied and pasted the app link into a new List.ly list I titled, “iPad App Clean Install (Dec 2014).” For most of the apps I selected the actual app icon to display in the List.ly list, but I didn’t in every case. There are 79 apps in this list currently. I’ll likely add a few more later this week.
There are many other apps I use instructionally in my STEM classroom which I have installed on our classroom iPad cart. These are available in a separate List.ly list, which I created back in September. I also recently updated the productivity apps listed on the “iPad With Wes” apps page, in advance of the January 15, 2015, full-day iPad workshop I’ll be leading at Kansas State University. A much shorter list of classroom iPad creation apps is available on the apps page of iPadMediaCamp.com. Links to different iPad apps, as well as other websites and software programs for digital portfolio products, are available on the 12 pages for media products in the “Mapping Media to the Curriculum” website.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Learning About Posting YouTube Videos to WordPress, Windows RT Copy Paste, and iMovie for iPhone - 2013
- Location Change for December OKC Google Tools Workshops - 2010
- Google Goggles: A new way to search with pictures - 2009
- iPhone and iTouch video out functionality, 1 to 1 Learning, and CCC Pedagogy - 2008
- Breadboards, LED lights, small screens, and programming homegrown, inexpensive computers - 2008
- When things go wrong, we learn and go on... - 2007
- Live on the web from Pearl Harbor: NOW - 2007
- Archive of Dec 6th videoconference from Pearl Harbor - 2007
- Pearl Harbor Videoconferencing VoiceThread - 2007
- Impressed with Verizon USB data modem - 2007