This afternoon at the 2015 ISTE Conference in Philadelphia, I interviewed Kyle Calderwood (@kcalderw) and Ben Hartman (@techcoachben) about the first “TeachMeet” event held this year at the conference. Check out the Twitter hashtag #TMISTE15 to see some of the shared learning from today’s event. Both Kyle and Ben discussed what is unique about the TeachMeet model and how it is different than EdCamp. Both models focus on teachers sharing ideas, but TeachMeets generally have a fixed schedule of shorter presentations, while EdCamps have longer discussion sessions and is more democratically organized. The combined interview video (lightly edited with iMovie for iOS, and uploaded with YouTube Capture) is just under 4 minutes long.
by Wesley Fryer
by Wesley Fryer
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Voices of #iste11 - The 1:1 Digital Learning Revolution in Schools (Travis Allen - iSchool Initiative) - 2011
- Voices of #iste11 - A Newly Minted FourSquare Mayor in Philadelphia - 2011
- Voices of #iste11 - Copyright Advice for Teachers from Kristin Hokansen - 2011
- Voices of #iste11 - A Louis and Clark Story About Mercury & Thunderclapper Pills - 2011
- Voices of #iste11 - $15 per Month For Netbooks In New Zealand: BYOD = Buy Your Own Device - 2011
- Jason Ohler on Digital Literacy & Digital Storytelling #iste11 - 2011
- Separate Feedburner chicklets for blog posts and podcasts - 2010
- CNN provides a tutorial on retweeting - 2009
- CoverItLive Blog of Malcom Gladwell's Opening NECC Keynote - 2009
- Notes from Peter H. Reynolds at CCDC09 - 2009