Videos about space have been some of my favorite things to share with 4th and 5th grade STEM students the past two years. Yesterday I added several new space video links to my STEM curriculum “Curiosity Links” page, which my friend Bill Casebeer shared with me this weekend. The first is a short film (just under 4 minutes long) called “Wanderers,” created by Swedish animator and digital artist, Erik Wernquist. (@erikwernquist) The film is narrated by Carl Sagan, and is a compelling and inspirational visual projection into the future of human exploration as well as colonization into space. It was published 8 months ago.
The second short video (3 minutes long) is titled “New Horizons,” and Erik created it on behalf of the National Space Society (@nss) to build awareness of the upcoming “New Horizons” NASA mission to Pluto. This is a VERY compelling video, and worth sharing with your students!
The video “Pluto in a Minute” from the official NASA New Horizons YouTube channel explains why scientists believe Pluto is red. NASA is posting short videos to this channel every day, providing a great way to stay up to date on the mission and to learn more about it. Also be sure to check out the website SeePlutoNow.com for updates!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Lessons Learned Publishing to Lulu, Amazon and the Apple iBookStore (July 2014) - 2014
- Two Rising Stars In Africa: eLearning and the Kuali ERP - 2013
- Kobo eBook Reader from Borders - 2011
- John Medina's #iste11 Keynote on YouTube: Brain Rules - 2011
- Critical thinking is more important than ever amidst Internet-based denier propaganda - 2010
- Streaming Netflix videos in the car over 3G - 2009
- U.S. Economy: A car wreck in slow motion - 2009
- links for 2008-07-05 - 2008
- Capturing offline copies of YouTube videos - 2007
- Blogging histories - 2007