This podcast is a recording of Dr. Wesley Fryer’s presentation “Sharing Student Work Online” on October 7, 2015, at the Oklahoma Technology Association (OTA) / Encyclo-Media Conference in Oklahoma City. The session description was: When students at school use media to “show what they know and can do,” they need safe, adult-moderated, online spaces to share their digital work with others and receive thoughtful feedback. Learn how to to use free websites like KidBlog and Blogger, along with apps like Easy Blogger Jr., to share student work online and moderate feedback. Discuss how to help students “compose quality comments” for others. Explore workflows to safely use a classroom YouTube channel to publish and share student work, also with moderated feedback. See examples of school and classroom permission forms for publishing student work. Get practical ideas for “normalizing” the regular, open publication of student work at your school for moderated feedback from peers, parents, and others around the world. Check the podcast shownotes for links to session slides (shared as a Google Presentation) as well as other referenced resources.
- Presentation Slides (Google Presentation)
- Presentation website: Sharing Student Work Online
- ShowWithMedia.com – What Do You Want to Create Today?
- OTA/Encyclo-Media 2015
- Classroom website of Shelly Fryer
- uBlock Origin Google Chrome Extension (free – blocks ads & uses little memory)
- Tab Suspender Google Chrome Extension (free)
- Seven Indispensable Google Chrome Extensions
- Tips for Choosing a Classroom Blog (August 2015)
- Fuel for Educational Change Agents Podcast
- Digital Sharing Conference (November 2016)
- OklaEd Learning Showcase (showcasing student work)
- Yukon Public Schools Learning Showcase
- Follow Shelly Fryer on Twitter: @sfryer
- Follow Wes Fryer on Twitter: @wfryer
All past “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcast episodes are archived, dating back to August 2005.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Share Audio on YouTube - 2022
- Lessons Learned as an Educational Consultant (Oct 2013) - 2013
- Steve Jobs Inspired Me to Dream Big Again - 2011
- Jack Berckemeyer: Opening Keynote at Qatar Academy - 2011
- Marketing Flyer for the 2010 K-12 Online Conference #k12online10 - 2010
- Tools to simplify meeting scheduling - 2009
- A worthless worksheet and a voluntary VoiceThread - 2008
- Is technology at school an event or a tool set? - 2008
- K12Online discussions on EdTechTalk - 2007
- Turning to YouTube for an Origami Tutorial - 2007