This podcast features a recording of Wesley Fryer’s breakout session, “Great Classroom iPad Projects and Activities” at the 2016 Interactive Learning Institute (ILI) on November 30, 2016, in Norman, Oklahoma. ILI is sponsored by the K20 Center at the University of Oklahoma, and is an annual event focused on sharing best practices for technology integration in K12 classrooms. Grant recipients for OETT (the Oklahoma Education Technology Trust) administered by the K20 Center are among the participants in the conference, but it is open to educators at all levels from any school. The official session description for this presentation was:
Explore over 20 “media project recipes” which can be used as-is or modified as needed to help facilitate student iPad media projects
Access the iPad project matrix highlighted in this presentation by visiting www.ipadmediacamp.com/matrix and more student iPad media project examples by visiting ShowWithMedia.com. Slides for this presentation as well as links to other referenced resources are included in the podcast shownotes. If you listen to and enjoy this podcast, please let Wes know by sending a Twitter reply to @wfryer. Also consider subscribing to the “EdTech Situation Room” podcast (www.edtechSR.com) and the “Fuel for Educational Change Agents” podcast (audio.speedofcreativity.org). Your feedback and suggestions are welcome!
- Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter: @wfryer
- Google Slides for this presentation
- iPad Media Camp Activity & Project Matrix (linked on ipadmediacamp.org/matrix)
- 2016 Interactive Learning Institute (ILI)
- K20 Center at the University of Oklahoma
- The Oklahoma Education Technology Trust (OETT)
- Program Listing for this ILI 2016 Session on Sched.org
- Show With Media: What Do You Want to Create Today?
- My other 2016 ILI presentation: Tips for Managing, Wifi, iPads, and Chromebooks (recorded podcast audio, slides & session resources)
- “Teach Like Me” Project by Shawn Sheehan (@spsheehan)
- InfoPics Resource page by Tony Vincent (@tonyvincent)
- The EdTech Situation Room Podcast (@edtechSR)
- Fuel for Educational Change Agents Podcast
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcasts!
"The BIG SHIFT is using technology devices for MAKING & CREATING!" Join my #k20ili #OklaEd session at 1:30 today! https://t.co/5bjBSJUEzd pic.twitter.com/GF0KPxYu6h— Wesley Fryer (@wfryer) November 30, 2016
@SPSheehan telling his amazing story at #K20ILI. #oklaed is blessed to have professionals like him! pic.twitter.com/VP4W49NMja— Tyler Bridges (@bridgestyler) November 30, 2016
I added "InfoPics" to #k20ili slides for "Great Classroom iPad Projects & Activities" https://t.co/O9VTRDjvvW (slide 30) h/t @tonyvincent pic.twitter.com/mihCKKrq5X— Wesley Fryer (@wfryer) November 30, 2016
All past “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcast episodes are archived, dating back to August 2005.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Mapping Media to the Common Core with iPads (Dec 2013) - 2013
- Seeking Adventure in the Wide World (Puppet Pals video) - 2011
- 99¢ Podcast: Creating Multimedia eBooks - 2011
- Be Kind, Do Your Best, and Become a Voracious Reader - 2010
- Notes and Reflections on Dr. Z's ISTE Webinar today, blended learning, and web 2.0 - 2008
- Maps and initial Hawaii photos - 2007
- Update on Hawaii webcasts and videoconferences - 2007
- In-Flight Entertainment 2.0 and Educator Professional Development - 2007
- Tips for home high speed Internet connections - 2006
- iPod101 - 2005