The 5th annual EdCampOKC (@edcampOKC) FREE professional learning event for PK-16 educators is coming to Del City High School in MidDel Public Schools on Saturday, March 4, 2017! Our organizer team met virtually this evening (with Zoom) to work on plans and committee assignments, and online registration is now LIVE via EventBrite! Please register soon, help spread the word, and invite other educators you know to join us for this fantastic day of self-directed learning!
Follow @edcampOKC on Twitter and visit www.edcampokc.org for lots more information about the event! Our organizer team will be meeting virtually on Tuesday nights starting January 10th. If you’d like to volunteer to help this year please get in touch! If you’d like to help sponsor EdCampOKC we’d also love to connect with you!
This 3 minute video from EdCampTulsa in 2014 remains one of my favorites, explaining what EdCamp is and how it’s different from any other type of educator professional development.
- 1/21/2017 EdCampSWOK (@EdCampSWOK) -Tomlinson Middle School, Lawton
- mid-February: McAlester (details coming)
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Inspired by Ashley Vance's Biography of Elon Musk - 2015
- Brainstorming the Digital Sharing Map: Classroom Edition - 2015
- Come See "One Incredible Moment" in Edmond This Weekend - 2014
- Building Virtual Bridges Through Sharing and Transparency - 2013
- Al Jazeera, Arab Spring, & Opposing Extremism in Our Midst in the USA - 2012
- Mobile Video Editing with ReelDirector on an iPhone4 #edapp - 2010
- Tech Support for Parents - 2010
- No alternative to the RTTT / Duncan Education Reform Plan Offered by Fallin - 2010
- Reasons I love Blip.tv and Screenr - 2009
- Forgo the big stick, carry a small computer instead - 2008