This weekend was the annual MoRanch Men’s Conference near Hunt, Texas, and I prepared an updated version of the workshop, “Pocket Share Jesus,” which I shared last year. Tonight I recorded a 43 minute narrated slideshow and video demo of the session. Here’s the video and my slides. To make this video, I used my iPad to export a PDF version of the Google Slideshow presentation into Explain Everything (Classic Edition) and recorded the main part of the video. For the live iPhone demo, I ran AirServer software on my Mac laptop, mirrored my iPhone to the laptop, and recorded the screencast using Screenflow software. I AirDropped the exported Screenflow video to my iPad, and combined it with the Explain Everything video using iMovie for iPad. I uploaded the final, combined video in 720P format to YouTube using the YouTube iPad app.
The official description of this workshop was:
Come learn how to share your favorite Bible verses with your children and grandchildren, using your phone or iPad. Learn how to share inspiring quotations from a Kindle book you’re reading from Amazon. Practical and hands-on steps! This session is designed specifically for grandfathers who are not tech savvy!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Basic Online Video Editing with YouTube - 2012
- eBook Won't Open in iBooks (Closing & ReOpening an iPad App) - 2012
- FaceTime from the Michigan Avenue Apple Store - 2011
- Using the iReporter Theme on iMovie for iPad - 2011
- Window Washer on a Chicago Skyscraper - 2011
- iPad2 Mobile Interview with iRig Microphone - 2011
- Embedding "non-iframe" versions of Screenr Screencasts on WordPress - 2011
- Best News Apps for the iPad - 2010
- Hobo Signs, Symbols, and Parodied History - 2009
- K12Online08 Call for Proposals: Amplifying Possibilities - 2008