This podcast features a recording of Dr. Wesley Fryer’s opening keynote address at the 2017 KVATE (Kaw Valley Academy of Technology and Education) Conference on July 24, 2017, in St. Marys, Kansas. The title of the keynote was, “Inspiring Student Creativity with Media.” In addition to highlighting examples of “WOW work” by students (borrowing a wonderful term from Seesaw professional development coordinator Angela Gadtke @MrsGadtke) the keynote also included a “digital magic trick” demo using the new iOS app by Microsoft, “Seeing AI.” Google Slides shared during this keynote, including links to all referenced student examples and other resources, are available in the podcast shownotes or directly using the shortened web link http://wfryer.me/kvate2017. Check out the podcast shownotes for additional KVATE resources and links. If you listen to this podcast, please provide feedback to Wes either with a comment on this post or by sending a Twitter reply to @wfryer. Thanks for listening to Moving at the Speed of Creativity podcasts! Please subscribe using PocketCasts or in your own favorite podcatcher application.
- Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter: @wfryer
- Google Slides for this presentation
- Video: Narrated Art About a String Phone with AudioBoo
- BadgeList badge for “Narrated Image” (part of iPad Media Camp)
- Eclipse Safari App for iOS and Android (from Space.com)
- Eclipse Megamovie Project by Google
- AirServer Software
- Seeing AI app by Microsoft for iOS (free)
- The EdTech Situation Room Podcast (@edtechSR)
- Video: #Room108 Students Respond: “I Have a Dream…” (short version)
- Visual Communication with iOS InfoPics (resources for an ISTE 2017 BYOD session)
- Resources for Creating and Sharing InfoPics (on ShowWithMedia.com)
- BadgeList badge for “InfoPic” (part of iPad Media Camp)
All past “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcast episodes are archived, dating back to August 2005.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Indeed You Are Powerful - Digital Screen - 2015
- Furniture Quest for a Collaborative Classroom - 2015
- Other People's Photos Showing Up in my TwitPic Photo Stream - 2011
- Reading the Fine Print: Considering Different eBook Publishing Options for the iBookstore - 2011
- Diigo now supports screenshots - 2010
- How can our school set up a team blog for teachers? - 2008
- Let's brainstorm ideas for Storychasers - 2008
- links for 2008-07-25 - 2008
- Will the 4th screen bring us together? - 2008
- Beware the dangers of multi-tasking - 2007