This past Wednesday, December 6, 2017, I had an opportunity to participate in a “mini-retreat” with colleagues from Casady School (@casadyschoolokc) at the Innovation Hub at the University of Oklahoma (@ouinnovationhub).This is a group of both faculty and staff, involved in supporting and teaching coding and computer science at different levels at our school. This morning on Saturday, I recorded an almost 10 minute narrated slideshow, reflecting on five things this mini-retreat encouraged me to consider and think about as we strive to find ways to support innovation, creativity, multi-disciplinary learning, and STEM/STEAM learning including coding / computer science at our school in Oklahoma City. I created this narrated slideshow on my iPad using the app Explain Everything (@explainevrythng).
The five primary things I reflected on in this video were:
- The value and importance of exercise and wellness
- “Daily Create” challenges and celebrating a creative culture
- Multi-screen interactive classrooms of the future
- The importance of a centrally located coffee shop for learning
- The power of innovative learning spaces and “team time”
I shared a number of photos and observations during our mini-retreat tours on Wednesday, which included redesigned portions of the library at the University of Oklahoma (@ou_libraries) as well as the OU Innovation Hub. Those are collected in a Storify archive, which is also embedded below. If you have feedback or comments on any of these ideas please reach out to me on Twitter @wfryer or leave a comment below!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Laptops and iPhones Can Eat Cellular LTE Data FAST - 2014
- iOS4 Tip Screencast: Closing Apps Open in the Background #edapp - 2010
- iPhone LIVE Webcasting to UStream, Tiered iPhone Data Plans, Exaflood Rumors - 2009
- Why aren't we using the real world? - 2009
- VoiceThread compared to GarageBand - 2008
- Tips for digital story evaluation - 2008
- A great way to catch up on your edublog reading - 2008
- Home at last! - 2007
- 2006 Edublog Awards - 2006
- Intermediate/Advanced Topics in Podcasting - 2006