Two weeks from today on Saturday, September 14, 2019, Storychasers will host a 1 day conference in Oklahoma City focused on podcasting. I’ll be sharing the opening keynote, inspired by the musical “Hamilton,” titled, “Who Tells Your Story?” Registration is just $25 via EventBrite, and includes both lunch and a tshirt. What deal! Right now we have about 30 people registered, and there is room for more. While many of our registered conference participants are educators, and several of the conference breakout sessions will specifically address educational contexts for classroom podcasting, ANYONE interested in podcasting is welcome to register and come!
Some of the websites, apps, software platforms and skills addressed in the planned conference breakout sessions include:
- Mobile / Quick Edit” podcasting with apps like Anchor, Voice Record Pro and Opinion
- Tips for starting a classroom podcast
- Tips for networking with other podcasting educators (led by Michelle Waters – @watersenglish)
- Podcast Editing with Audacity
- Creating and Finding “Podsafe” Music
- Audio File Formats: Conversion and Normalization Tools
- Podcasting Platforms: WordPress, Amazon S3, and Web Hosts
I’m going to audio record my opening keynote and will share it as a podcast later. If you’re interested in receiving a copy by email after the conference, please fill out this Google Form. If you can, please join us in person in Oklahoma City on September 14th!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- WordPress OKC Meetup Tips (August 2015) - 2015
- Enhanced / MultiMedia version of Playing with Media eBook Available - 2011
- 8th grade Oklahoma students in Del City get Macbook laptops #ok1to1 - 2010
- When you fall, get back up: It matters how you finish (inspirational video) - 2010
- YouTube and iTunes fame paying off for Alabama family - 2010
- I Need my Teachers to Learn (an amazing song and video by Kevin Honeycutt) - 2009
- OKC WordPress Aug09 Users Group Notes - 2009
- DRM, Libraries and Digital audio book checkout limitations - 2008
- 100 new Internet users per minute?! - 2007
- To Blog or Not to Blog? You Decide - 2006