Last week when Shelly and I were attending the NASA Space Exploration Educators Conference at Space Center Houston, our students and colleagues were out of school with 3 snow days in a row! Today we were all back in class, and I took about 10 minutes in each of my classes to share a little of my enthusiasm for space exploration and “all things NASA” which I learned last week during the amazing 3 day conference. I put some of the best photos (out of 275 in this Flickr album) as well as videos and stories from the conference into a Google Slideshow, which I added to our “class Wonder links” webpage. Late this afternoon, I recorded a 15 minute narrated version of this slideshow, which I’m sharing with all my students as well as parents.
Here are the slides, which include links to the referenced websites, videos and photos I mentioned.
Last week I created the Google Site space.wesfryer.com to share Space and STEM related resources I’ve created and curated. It includes my new YouTube playlist for “Space Exploration” which I started last week at the SEEC2022 conference, and am still adding to as I find more NASA-related videos in the conference Facebook group and elsewhere that are awesome!
Also, if you have not already, check out my related post and from yesterday, “Conspiracy Theories, Apollo Moon Landings and SIFT.”
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Triple Threat in Tech: A Reflection - 2016
- Visualize: Sticky Learning (Visual Notetaking) - 2014
- A Renaissance in Educational Podcasting - 2014
- Recorded Audio & Resources from my #otaem12 Presentations Today - 2012
- Standards Mapping the Common Core to Everyday Instruction and Teaching - 2012
- Can You Do That? Legal Issues in Tech Administration #otaem12 - 2012
- Visioning New Schools with David Warlick - 2012
- Anywhere, Anytime Learning by Janet Barresi - 2012
- Montana Voices: Digital Vision for Schools 2011 Challenge #mtvision - 2011
- Learning with iPad #msmeca11 - 2011