Mastodon is an open-source, federated social media platform which can ably serve as a replacement for Twitter. No, Mastodon is not QUITE as easy to use (right now) as Twitter in some ways, but the core capabilities and functions of Mastodon are robust and very functional. Today, I created a 32 minute screencast tutorial video sharing several tips and strategies for using Mastodon.
All the referenced links from this screencast are available in this Wakelet. (Later I’ll link them individually here.)
I’ve added this video tutorial to my workshop resources for “Discovering Useful Ideas,” which I’ve been sharing at different conferences since 2016.
Please connect with me on Mastodon! My Mastodon profile is mastodon.cloud/@wfryer. Links to all my social media channels and websites where I share ideas / media / content are available on wesfryer.com/after.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- 10 Percent Off Google Education Summit Oklahoma City: Feb 21-22, 2015 - 2014
- iPhone Media Creation App Categories - 2010
- As Fast As You Can Think - 2010
- Lessons Learned Teaching EdTech to PreService Education Students (Fall 2010) - 2010
- Kids writing for fun online - 2009
- Fair Use in Videos Using Pictures with Copyrighted Music - 2009
- Blog widgets for political transparency - 2008
- Philip Randolph, civil rights, unions, and political change - 2008
- The novelty of news and importance of media literacy - 2007
- Discover the final Harry Potter book title - 2006