I love having our outside Christmas lights automatically turn ON at sunset and OFF at sunrise! In this 10.5 minute video, I share how I’ve set this up at our house in North Carolina using Google Home compatible “WiFi smart plugs” and the Google Home app.
Referenced Amazon products in this video include:
- GHome Smart Mini Smart Plug, 2.4G Wi-Fi Outlet Socket Compatible with Alexa and Google Home Smart Life
- Flemoon Outdoor Extension Cord Safety Cover with Waterproof Seal
- Flemoon Outdoor Electrical Box
More ways to learn and connect with me (Wes Fryer) are linked on wesfryer.com/after.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- 2 Great (and free) Ways to Learn About Design Thinking - 2017
- Lessons Learned using Storycorps iPhone App for Family Oral History Interviews - 2016
- Tutorial: Creating a Narrated Slideshow with ShowMe for iPad - 2013
- NCCE and Seattle in February - 2008
- Welcome change to Twitter conversations - 2008
- Why Digital Storytelling? - 2006