This podcast features a skypecast interview with Dr. Bill Casebeer on the topic of Storytelling and Cognitive Neuroscience. Bill is a remarkable scholar and scientific researcher, engaged in work that has broad applicability in the fields of education, psychology, medicine, ethics, philosophy, and defense policy.
Show notes for this podcast include:
- My Podcast Resources
- Lowell Monke’s article “Charlotte’s Webpage: Why Children Shouldn’t Have the World at Their Fingertips” (Alternative link working as of Jan 2020)
- My reflections and thoughts on Monke’s article
- “Natural Ethical Facts : Evolution, Connectionism, and Moral Cognition (Bradford Books) by William D. Casebeer
- The Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience by MIT Press
- Valerie Gray Hardcastle – The MIT Press
- “Principles of Neural Science” by Eric R. Kandel MD, James H. Schwatz MD PhD, Thomas M. Jessell PhD
Program Length: 35 min, 10 sec
File size: 16.1 MB
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
All past “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcast episodes are archived, dating back to August 2005.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- EdCamp, eBooks & STEM (OTA - EncycloMedia 2014) - 2014
- Sunset over Doha - 2011
- Unusual and Tasty Breakfast Buffet Items in Qatar - 2011
- Emotional Intelligence by Phyllis Van Hemert - 2010
- Self-discipline critical in our tablet and smartphone filled world - 2010
- Immersion in other cultures enhances creativity - 2009
- UStream recording of tonight's K12Online08 conversation on EdTechTalk - 2008
- Amazed by the power of asynchronous learning - 2008
- Join the K12Online08 conversation on It's Elementary tonight! - 2008
- Wiki, Blog or Moodle? - 2006