This presentation at Education Service Center 10 in Richardson, Texas, today addressed different examples of K-12 educational podcasts, what RSS is, and resources for creating podcasts. We also discussed selling podcasts to other teachers and administrators as digital storytelling: a tool for helping motivate students to write and communicate better for an authentic audience. The only thing you need to create a podcast (besides a computer with Internet access) is a microphone along with free podcasting software.
Program Length: 59 min, 24 sec
File size: 14.3 MB
Show notes for this podcast include:
- Podcasting Help / Resources
- What is RSS? (a 6 minute QuickTime movie animation)
- Podcasting 101 Flowchart
- Speaking of History teacher podcast by Eric Langhorst of Liberty, Missouri
- Radio Willowweb from Willowdale Elementary in Omaha, Nebraska
- Room 208 Podcast: 3rd and 4th graders in Wells, Maine
- Sarah’s enhanced podcast about hedgehogs
- Alexander’s Solar Energy Experiment Video Podcast
- Mills Murfee Podcast: 2nd Graders in Lubbock, Texas
- Cultivating Digital Literacy Through Blogging and Podcasting (available as a standard mp3 podcast or an enhanced podcast)
- iTunes: Free podcatching software
- JuiceReceiver: Free podcatching software
- Classroom Audio Podcasting article (Podcasting as Digital Storytelling)
- Education Service Center Region 10: Richardson, Texas
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Backyard Astronomy Laser and iPhone App - 2016
- Reflections on the Daddy Daughter Dance - 2015
- Don't Judge the Creativity of All Chicago Teachers & PD Based On 1 Absurd Video - 2014
- Mapping Media to the Common Core (eMINTS Conference - Columbia, Missouri) - 2014
- Lights, iPad, Action: Original, Rich Multimedia Coming Soon to a Course Near You! - 2013
- Technology Today Enhanced ePub eBook - 2012
- Principal Evaluation System from McREL by Tony Davis and Kent Davis - 2012
- Tulsa Public Schools Teacher Evaluation Model by Jana Burk [Feb 2012] - 2012
- Danielson Framework for Teacher Evaluation in Oklahoma [Feb 2012] #oktle - 2012
- #wordpress user group 28 Feb 2011 Notes - 2011