“The Future Of Learning In A Networked World” is a traveling conference sponsored by Otago Polytechnic in New Zealand that started on September 18, 2006, and is continuing. The conference blog and wiki have more details. This is really a superb idea: An ecclectic group of participants “are now travelling as a roadshow to participating institutions to continue open space meetings with local audiences” around New Zealand.
Anyone is invited to attend and participate in person and virtually. Participation options include:
Add your picture and bio to the Participants page.
Read the latest on the The Future of Learning in a Networked World blog.
Listen to audio or watch video from the event – most of which can be found on this wiki, or on the blog
Follow along with our FLNW Community Walk map which uses Google Maps to geo-document the conference.
You can also contribute by tagging your blog posts, photos, audio and video with flnw.
Attendance is open to anyone with an interest in the topic.
How exciting! I think conference events like these which are putting web 2.0 tools like blogs, podcasts and wikis to practical use are some of the best opportunities for teachers to learn about the respective uses of each tool.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- 2nd PLAYDATE PD Event in Oklahoma: Saturday October 4th! - 2014
- iPhone5 Weight & Form Factor - 2012
- Blocked Sites in China - 2010
- Purchase a new webkinz or say goodbye to WebKinz World Online - 2009
- An Exemplary Interactive Mobile Conference Website (Vision 2020 Conference) - 2009
- Deer Creek (Oklahoma) Students and Teachers Using Skype - 2009
- Edmond Parents Protested President Obama's Speech - 2009
- Podcast281: Brisinger Book Release, Home Run Books, Flow, and Reading Advice from 10 Year Old Alexander - 2008
- Learning 2.0 Conference opening panel - 2007
- Podcast84: Inertia, Teaching and Change - 2006