Partly recorded on the airline flight from Detroit to Tokyo and partly recorded from our hotel in Shanghai for the Learning 2.0 conference, this podcast features four additional implications of our 21st century “attention economy” for teachers and students. This is the last part of a three part podcast series focusing on Michael Goldhaber’s 1997 article on “The Attention Economy” and what the implications of those ideas are in educational contexts.
- Podcast187: Implications of the Attention Economy for Schools (Part 2 of 3)
- Podcast174: Relevance in the Attention Economy Part 1: Key Ideas
- Michael Goldhaber’s 1997 article, “The Attention Economy and the Net”
- Images from GameInformer Magazine Gave Me Nightmares
- Habits of Mind from Ted Sizer and Essential Schools
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcast!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Podcast430: Minecraft Summer Camp with Connected Camps - 2015
- Map Media to the Common Core with iPads: Classroom 2.0 LIVE on Saturday! - 2013
- iPhone 5, Steve Jobs Reflections, & Amazing (free) Science Videos - 2012
- Publish student stories online with artwork, text and audio narration with StoryKit (free) - 2010
- Share your 5 Photo Stories on Posterous! - 2010
- Praise for Red Eye Removal and Custom Book Ordering in iPhoto '09 - 2009
- A virtual chat with President Lincoln - 2008
- Explaining the value of microblogging and Twitter for educators - 2008
- Hello from Shanghai! - 2007
- Working behind the great firewall of China - 2007