Partly recorded on the airline flight from Detroit to Tokyo and partly recorded from our hotel in Shanghai for the Learning 2.0 conference, this podcast features four additional implications of our 21st century “attention economy” for teachers and students. This is the last part of a three part podcast series focusing on Michael Goldhaber’s 1997 article on “The Attention Economy” and what the implications of those ideas are in educational contexts.
- Podcast187: Implications of the Attention Economy for Schools (Part 2 of 3)
- Podcast174: Relevance in the Attention Economy Part 1: Key Ideas
- Michael Goldhaber’s 1997 article, “The Attention Economy and the Net”
- Images from GameInformer Magazine Gave Me Nightmares
- Habits of Mind from Ted Sizer and Essential Schools
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcast!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
Please support my STEM classroom Donor's Choose project: "Applying STEM Skills with Robotic Sphero Balls. Use the promo code INSPIRE at checkout to double your donation (up to $100) thanks to a match from DonorsChoose.org.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Map Media to the Common Core with iPads: Classroom 2.0 LIVE on Saturday! - 2013
- iPhone 5, Steve Jobs Reflections, & Amazing (free) Science Videos - 2012
- Publish student stories online with artwork, text and audio narration with StoryKit (free) - 2010
- Share your 5 Photo Stories on Posterous! - 2010
- Praise for Red Eye Removal and Custom Book Ordering in iPhoto '09 - 2009
- A virtual chat with President Lincoln - 2008
- Explaining the value of microblogging and Twitter for educators - 2008
- Hello from Shanghai! - 2007
- Working behind the great firewall of China - 2007
- Stitching transformative social networking experiences and impactful professional development - 2007