This podcast features a recording of songwriter and educator Monte Selby’s keynote at the Oklahoma Alternative Education Student Conference in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on November 7, 2007. Monte is an amazingly talented guitarist, songwriter, and singer. As a former teacher, middle school principal, and college professor, Monte shares unique perspectives on creativity, artistic expression, learning, and the choices we each make in life. The Oklahoma Technical
Assistance Center (OTAC) via a contract with the Oklahoma State Department of Education’s Alternative Education division organized and presented this conference for students in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and also in Edmond, Oklahoma the following day. Monte provided a motivational, entertaining, and inspirational start to this full-day conference for students. If you ever have an opportunity to hear Monte present, perform, and share in person, do not pass up the opportunity! I was able to bring my own children to hear Monte on day two of this conference in Edmond, and they were both amazed, captivated, and inspired by his artistic talents as well as message. Monte rocks! As educators, we need to spend more time hanging out with musicians and other creative artists. It was a privilege to hear Monte in person, and I appreciate him granting permission to share this recording as a podcast so more people can hear his compelling message.
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcast!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
On this day..
- Video Production Class Links & Resources - 2015
- The joy of organizing iPad apps in folders (iOS 4.2 update) - 2010
- I've Got a Feeling we'll see more Lip Dubs like this one - 2009
- Five more K12Online09 Teaser Trailers! - 2009
- In the carpool with Kevin - 2007
- Podcast206: Inventing The Future: Safely Empowering Learners in the Read/Write Society (ODLA 2007) - 2007
- The Wii redefines interactive gaming! - 2006