This podcast is a keynote address I shared on December 12, 2007, with teachers at the Good Shephard Episcopal School in Dallas, Texas, over skype as a videoconference to kick off a day of professional development focused on distance learning. We discussed the ways audio recording and podcasting technologies can be viewed as disruptive and threatening to teachers and professors, and the ways these and other technologies can be leveraged to enhance learning opportunities. We discussed analogies between cooking and teaching, including the “Ratatouille Effect” (everyone can learn) as well as the lesson from Ratatouille about the need to start with the best ingredients when cooking. We wrapped up sharing our perceptions of the most powerful ingredients for digitally enhanced and engaging learning. Mine (linked in our notes from the session’s brainstorming sessions) are del.icio.us social bookmarks, Flickr, VoiceThread, and Skype.
- Our brainstorming notes from this presentation / session
- Archived webinars from COSN and US Telecom are being linked here
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcast!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Things I'm Learning about HDMI Cables - 2017
- Selectively Auto-Sync Local Files to Google Drive - 2016
- iOS Movie App Recommendations from Tim Tyson #edapp - 2010
- PhotoShop, Art, and Ning Collaboration with Students in Maine and China - 2010
- 365 Photo Blog: Posterous, WordPress or just Flickr? - 2010
- A Lesson Idea About Our Inherent Value as Human Beings - 2010
- Linda Darling-Hammond has my vote for SOE - 2008
- Podcast295: Reconsidering Paradigms of Value and Rewards for Teacher Expertise with John Costilla of WeAreTeachers.com - 2008
- Watching graph scales during our ice storm - 2007
- No sidetrips for learning today - 2006