Welcome to episode four of the Technology Shopping Cart podcast where educational innovation thrives on the food of creative ideas! This week Karen Montgomery and Wesley Fryer host an interview with Steve Muth and Ben Papell, the co-Founders of the VoiceThread website and web 2.0 tool. Steve and Ben discuss the background for how VoiceThread started, design principles of simplicity and “the amazon.com model” of task completion in a few clicks, their implementation of layered complexity within their site’s functionality, and the benefits of creating living multimedia documents via VoiceThread which can live forever. They also discuss the brand new website “VoiceThread for Education,” which is customized with several changes that make it a thoroughly accountable environment safe for student publishing and interactive feedback. Their hope is that more school districts, students and teachers will now be able to benefit from as well as enjoy using VoiceThread as a learning tool inside and outside their classrooms on a regular basis.
- Twitter Karma (view and manage Twitter followers and friends)
- Sue Waters’ blog: Mobile Technology in TAFE
- Jott (free voice to text service)
- Google Alerts
- TED Talks
- VoiceThread for Education (ed.voicethread.com)
- VoiceThread (original site, unchanged with free, unlimited educator accounts)
- Steve and Ben’s Interview on EdTechTalk – Teachers Teaching Teachers #86 Giving All Schools Access to VoiceThread-A Conversation with Ben Papelle and Steve Muth-01.09.08
- Our Technology Shopping Cart Podcast Wiki
Subscribe in a reader to Technology Shopping Cart Podcasts
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Podcast 438: Reflections on iCamp KSU 2016 by Shelly and Wesley Fryer - 2016
- Optimize Your Website by Enabling GZIP Compression - 2015
- View Kindle Notes on a Webpage - 2011
- HeyTell: Use Your iPhone or Android Phone like a Walkie Talkie #edapps - 2011
- 10 Ways to Write Better Blog Posts - 2011
- Include PBworks wiki pages as repeated header or footer content - 2010
- Protected and inactive organizational Twitter accounts, Digital Footprint Maintenance - 2010
- Link for Frontier PS Teachers - 2010
- Professional Schools and Self-Directed Learning - 2009
- Ohio Education Association gives bad advice on social networking - 2008