Well, this was some impromptu evening fun. I shared a live broadcast from our front porch this evening over Ustream.tv as a thunderstorm came in and provided a fairly dramatic light show. This 12 minute video is available as an archive on Ustream.
Don’t expect great cinematography here– I did ratchet DOWN the video quality on Ustream a bit, and in hindsight wish I had left this at full quality. Since I was using my home high speed Internet connection I think it would have been fine to leave the video setting at full quality. The audio quality was good for this entire broadcast, however, which is even more important in my view. As Kevin Honeycutt commented (who tuned in live along with five others) this video is a bit reminiscent of The Blair Witch Project! (While perhaps amusing, that comment is not really a compliment, if you’ve ever seen that film…..)
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Oklahoma Legislators: Don't Repeal Common Core Standards, Instead Reject High Stakes Testing - 2014
- Tips for Getting Started with AppleTV Mirroring - 2014
- A Five Photo Story for this Week - 2012
- Info Curation and Aggregation Services, Tools & Apps - 2012
- Apple Believes technology is not all you need, but a critical tool - 2011
- cnbc8. com Facebook hack / phishing scam - 2010
- Results in learning: What are ways we can assess the impact to teaching and learning? #i11i #vanmeter - 2010
- Be The Change You Want To See In Schools by Shannon Miller #vanmeter #i11i (library perspectives) - 2010
- Fluency 3.0 by Angela Maiers #i11i - 2010
- Creativity requires a willingness to make mistakes and be wrong - 2009