Well, this was some impromptu evening fun. I shared a live broadcast from our front porch this evening over Ustream.tv as a thunderstorm came in and provided a fairly dramatic light show. This 12 minute video is available as an archive on Ustream.
Don’t expect great cinematography here– I did ratchet DOWN the video quality on Ustream a bit, and in hindsight wish I had left this at full quality. Since I was using my home high speed Internet connection I think it would have been fine to leave the video setting at full quality. The audio quality was good for this entire broadcast, however, which is even more important in my view. As Kevin Honeycutt commented (who tuned in live along with five others) this video is a bit reminiscent of The Blair Witch Project! (While perhaps amusing, that comment is not really a compliment, if you’ve ever seen that film…..)
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Explain Everything Minecraft iPad Project (Treehouse Challenge on Area & Perimeter) - 2015
- Oklahoma Legislators: Don't Repeal Common Core Standards, Instead Reject High Stakes Testing - 2014
- Tips for Getting Started with AppleTV Mirroring - 2014
- A Five Photo Story for this Week - 2012
- Info Curation and Aggregation Services, Tools & Apps - 2012
- Apple Believes technology is not all you need, but a critical tool - 2011
- cnbc8. com Facebook hack / phishing scam - 2010
- Results in learning: What are ways we can assess the impact to teaching and learning? #i11i #vanmeter - 2010
- Be The Change You Want To See In Schools by Shannon Miller #vanmeter #i11i (library perspectives) - 2010
- Fluency 3.0 by Angela Maiers #i11i - 2010