Welcome to episode five of the Technology Shopping Cart podcast where educational innovation thrives on the food of creative ideas! This week Karen Montgomery, Vicki Allen and Wesley Fryer host an interview with Kristine Molnar of PBwiki. PBwiki is one of our favorite web 2.0 sites for creating collaborative wiki documents with teachers and students. After sharing our geeks of the week, we discussed digital citizenship and the ways teachers in different places are helping students as well as educators connect 21st century skills with digital citizenship skills including Internet safety, safe online collaboration, and netiquette. It is helpful to situate conversations about Internet safety within a broader discussion of digital citizenship, and insure the constructive and positive uses of collaborative digital technologies are also highlighted.
- 50 Web 2.0 Ways to Tell a Story
- LeFora Forums
- PBwiki for Educators
- Free webinar 22 April 2008: Keeping Students Safe Online (from PBwiki)
- “You don’t know what you like, you like what you know” – Dr. Tim Tyson’s Keynote: Moving from Personal Knowledge to Global Contribution (from Bob Sprankle at Bit by Bit – also check out Dr. Tyson’s blog)
- 123VC: The JAZZING Up Your Curriculum with Videoconferencing
- WikiTextBook: An online textbook for Educators Learning about Technology
- Follow us on Twitter: Kristine from PBwiki, Karen Montgomery, Vicki Allen, Wesley Fryer
- More links from our wiki shownotes page for this episode
- Our Technology Shopping Cart Podcast Wiki
Subscribe in a reader to Technology Shopping Cart Podcasts
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- How Much Should Teachers Share Online? - 2016
- TMobile Claims iPhone Users Pay AT&T More to Be Slower - 2011
- Configure WordPress to auto-correct HTML nested tag errors - 2011
- Science is a Contact Sport with the Brightest Minds in the World @GovInternships - 2011
- Lucrative rewards of viral videos encourage parents to put their children on YouTube - 2010
- Podcast346: Discussing Digital Literacy with Educators in the New Literacies Collaborative - 2010
- Discussing Digital Literacy with the New Literacies Collaborative at NC State - 2010
- Film on the Fly - Earth Day Contest Starts Monday! - 2009
- Storm Stories from Texas and Oklahoma - 2009
- Podcast246: A Tech Talk for Retirees by Eric Hileman and Wesley Fryer - 2008