The FireFox 3.0 web browser is available for FREE public download– get it today and help set a new world record for the most software downloads in a single day! With over 15,000 reported improvements and a new gecko rendering engine, FireFox 3 sounds and feels (so far) like a winner!
FireFox 3 is not just cool and safe, it’s also practical and safer than other browser alternatives (most notably IE on Windows.) The malware threat online now (especially for folks still running Windows OS computers) is HUGE and growing. According to Mike Schroepfer, vice president of engineering at Mozilla:
…”It’s an arms race between the good guys and the bad guys. This is not scare tactics or boogie man kind of stuff. “We have seen a huge uptick in malware attacks because they are financially motivated,” he said. “This is billions of dollars a year. There are clear incentives for people to do this because they make money so you need some good guys on your side to block them out.” Included in Firefox 3.0 are malicious software spotters that tell users when they are on a website that has been compromised. A red box will pop up in the middle of the screen warning users of the danger.
For more details, check out today’s BBC’s article “Behind the scenes of Firefox 3.0.”
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Learning about Visual Notetaking from Giulia Forsythe - 2013
- #Playingwithmedia: a continuation of learning - 2012
- OLPC 2012 Tablet Video and more from San Antonio this week - 2010
- Turning Point Ministries on Flickr - 2009
- First DimDim online meeting: Debriefing Celebrate Oklahoma Voices Summer09 Workshops - 2009
- links for 2008-06-17 - 2008
- Podcast258: Trends, Tools, and Tactics for 21st Century Learning by Kevin Honeycutt - 2008
- Tornado last week in my hometown - Manhattan, Kansas - 2008
- The conversation is open - 2007
- Father's Day Tribute - 2007