This podcast is a recording of a presentation by John Jones on June 12, 2008, titled Drupal for Education. John presented this session at the Trends, Tools, and Tactics for 21st Century Learning conference in Wichita, Kansas, hosted by the Educational Services and Staff Development Association of Central Kansas (ESSDACK). The conference program description of this session was: Drupal is an open source web community engine that has the power and flexibility to provide highly customized user experiences for schools and districts. This presentation will review the software, discuss the advantages and disadvantages of open source solutions like Drupal, and showcase what these sites can do. A link to John’s PowerPoint presentation is available in the podcast shownotes.
- Drupal (official website)
- My text notes from John’s presentation
- John’s PowerPoint slides from this presentation
- My post “Moodle as “the killer app” (includes a great discussion in the comments about Drupal vs Moodle)
- Trends, Tools, and Tactics for 21st Century Learning Conference
- Educational Services and Staff Development Association of Central Kansas (ESSDACK)
- CivicSpace WikiPedia article (formerly DeanSpace, based on Drupal)
- John’s personal gaming/blog website (built in Drupal, of course) – Radiating Gnome
- Siteground, my web host (which supports Drupal via Fantastico)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Coding with Hopscotch and Visual Notes with iPads - 2014
- Superb Teachers, What makes you tick? - 2012
- Successful New Home Router Configuration for Videoconferencing, Dynamic DNS and OpenDNS Content Filtering - 2009
- Are teachers in your building parallel players? - 2008
- links for 2008-06-18 - 2008
- Prepare now for the 10,000+ channel future - 2007
- Greetings from Anaheim - 2007
- Great first weekend in Edmond - 2006