This podcast is a recording of a presentation by John Jones on June 12, 2008, titled Drupal for Education. John presented this session at the Trends, Tools, and Tactics for 21st Century Learning conference in Wichita, Kansas, hosted by the Educational Services and Staff Development Association of Central Kansas (ESSDACK). The conference program description of this session was: Drupal is an open source web community engine that has the power and flexibility to provide highly customized user experiences for schools and districts. This presentation will review the software, discuss the advantages and disadvantages of open source solutions like Drupal, and showcase what these sites can do. A link to John’s PowerPoint presentation is available in the podcast shownotes.
- Drupal (official website)
- My text notes from John’s presentation
- John’s PowerPoint slides from this presentation
- My post “Moodle as “the killer app” (includes a great discussion in the comments about Drupal vs Moodle)
- Trends, Tools, and Tactics for 21st Century Learning Conference
- Educational Services and Staff Development Association of Central Kansas (ESSDACK)
- CivicSpace WikiPedia article (formerly DeanSpace, based on Drupal)
- John’s personal gaming/blog website (built in Drupal, of course) – Radiating Gnome
- Siteground, my web host (which supports Drupal via Fantastico)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Coding with Hopscotch and Visual Notes with iPads - 2014
- Superb Teachers, What makes you tick? - 2012
- Successful New Home Router Configuration for Videoconferencing, Dynamic DNS and OpenDNS Content Filtering - 2009
- Are teachers in your building parallel players? - 2008
- links for 2008-06-18 - 2008
- Prepare now for the 10,000+ channel future - 2007
- Greetings from Anaheim - 2007
- Great first weekend in Edmond - 2006