This podcast includes interviews with Scott Swanson, the Strategic Technology Coordinator at the Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy in Aurora, Illinois, recorded in March and July of 2008, as well as April Hope, a 2008 graduate of IMSA and Scott’s current intern. They discuss the activities of IMSA students in forming the first OLPC (XO Laptop) High School Student Chapter, their experiences working in and supporting a one to one laptop learning initiative with tablet PCs, and their responses to conversations at EduBloggerCon 2008 prior to the NECC conference in San Antonio in July. The first conversation with Scott in this podcast was recorded at the COSN conference in Washington D.C. in March 2008. Many thanks to both Scott and April for sharing their thoughts, experiences, and perspectives!
- Illinois Math and Science Academy Chapter of OLPC
- Website of Scott Swanson
- Photo of Jim Gerry and Scott Swanson at COSN 2008
- The Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy in Aurora, IL
- One Laptop Per Child
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Publishing eBooks to Amazon and iTunes iBookstore: Learning Curve Continues - 2011
- Convergence Media Examples from Mike Koehler of Smirk New Media - 2010
- Federal Guidance for ARRA Funds Released - 2009
- Digital Voice Recorders Turn Students Into Interviewers - 2009
- NOTk12onlineconference.org - 2008
- Fix for Podpress and WordPress 2.6 compatibility issue - 2008
- 1st Scratch Lesson with Alexander - 2007
- Podcast74E: Safe Digital Social Networking - 2006
- Podcast74: Safe Digital Social Networking - 2006
- The present and future of leftist national politics - 2006