This podcast features an interview from early December 2008 with John Costilla of WeAreTeachers.com. According to the company’s about page, “WeAreTeachers wants to level the playing field and avail teachers of the wonderful new tools of the digital age. In the Web 2.0 world, technology empowers individuals and groups to come together for the purpose of aggregating resources and knowledge. From social networks and e-commerce, to online video and other forms of digital content, the time is right for leveraging these trends and applying them to teaching and learning. WeAreTeachers provides a tangible business opportunity, enabling teachers to productize what they do, to be paid for their expert advice, and to have a stake in the knowledge marketplace.” As John discusses, WeAreTeachers.com proposes a very different paradigm of thinking about value and rewards for teacher expertise in the 21st century. These are challenging and exciting ideas, worthy of consideration as well as advocacy. (FULL DISCLOSURE: I voluntarily interviewed John for this podcast, and was not compensated in any way for recording and sharing this.)
- YouTube Story of WeAreTeachers.com background by Sandy Fivecoat
- YouTube Video ad for WeAreTeachers.com
- John Costilla’s profile page on the WeAreTeachers Ning
- “I Am Teacher” on Facebook (Connects teachers with other teachers around the world based on similar teaching characteristics)
- Management Team of WeAreTeachers.com
- IMDB entry for “Joe Versus the Volcano” (opening audio clips)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Things I'm Learning about HDMI Cables - 2017
- Selectively Auto-Sync Local Files to Google Drive - 2016
- iOS Movie App Recommendations from Tim Tyson #edapp - 2010
- PhotoShop, Art, and Ning Collaboration with Students in Maine and China - 2010
- 365 Photo Blog: Posterous, WordPress or just Flickr? - 2010
- A Lesson Idea About Our Inherent Value as Human Beings - 2010
- Linda Darling-Hammond has my vote for SOE - 2008
- Podcast208: Blending Learning with Powerful Ingredients - 2007
- Watching graph scales during our ice storm - 2007
- No sidetrips for learning today - 2006