This presentation was shared by Dr. Alvin Trusty at eTechOhio 2009 on February 2, 2009, in Columbus. The official session description was: This is a followup to last year’s presentation of this topic. Learn how to create an engaging presentation using free resources and established techniques in visual design. How much does “fair use” protect a teacher from the copyright police? Explore the four factors of “fair use” and look at licensing strategies like Creative Commons.
- Alvin’s referenced websites for this session on his delicious account
- Alvin’s Educational Technology Blog
- My text notes for this session
- PresentationZen by Garr Reynolds
- slide:ology: The Art and Science of Creating Great Presentations by Nancy Duarte
- Why Most PowerPoint Presentations Suck by Rick Altman
- Non-Designer’s Design Book by Robin Williams
- Compfight – great Creative Commons image search engine
- Wikipedia article for Barack Obama “Hope” poster (story of recent copyright infringment)
- Derivatives – more than Calculus (Alvin’s post about the Obama Hope poster situation)
- eTechOhio 2009 Conference
- Beg, Borrow But Don’t Steal: How To Create a Great PowerPoint Without Breaking the Law (Alvin Trusty’s presentation from eTechOhio 2008 on TeacherTube)
- My suggestion for additional resources: Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Media Literacy Education
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- MakerSpace Resources & Ideas for Digital Music Creation - 2016
- Digital Storytelling MeetUp with Joe Lambert: Friday, February 13 - 2015
- FREE iPad App Coffee Chats start Tuesday, February 7 in Edmond, Oklahoma - 2012
- Learning from a Master Teacher: Darren Kuropatwa #k12online - 2011
- Get ready for Sixth Sense Technologies - 2010
- Getting started video tutorials with WordPress - 2010
- Internet safety and our need to connect with teens - 2009
- Larry Lessig on the idiocy of current US copyright law - 2009
- Hank Thompson WWII Interview - 2008
- Cyberbullying: How to Deal with Hi-Tech Harrassment by Terri Pulley - 2008