I received an email recently from a teacher asking about resources to use in a school MakerSpace to integrate music and digital musical creation. This is what I suggested. If you have other thoughts, resources or links, please share them as a comment or a reply to @wfryer on Twitter!
Here are some resources for digital music creation which my 4th and 5th grade STEM students used the past year in our classroom Maker Studio. I also taught a multi-part, integrated STEM unit on the “Science & Technology of Sound & Music” which has good lesson ideas and resources. This is an example of an instructional video I created for students as part of this unit at a center where they could experiment and play with a “water phone:”
Also here are serveral free presentations from the K-12 Online Conference in past years which relate to music that might be helpful and give you ideas/resources:
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Tips for Self-Publishing Your Book (February 2019) - 2019
- Digital Storytelling MeetUp with Joe Lambert: Friday, February 13 - 2015
- FREE iPad App Coffee Chats start Tuesday, February 7 in Edmond, Oklahoma - 2012
- Learning from a Master Teacher: Darren Kuropatwa #k12online - 2011
- Get ready for Sixth Sense Technologies - 2010
- Getting started video tutorials with WordPress - 2010
- Internet safety and our need to connect with teens - 2009
- Larry Lessig on the idiocy of current US copyright law - 2009
- Hank Thompson WWII Interview - 2008
- Cyberbullying: How to Deal with Hi-Tech Harrassment by Terri Pulley - 2008