Google Similar Images: now integrated with regular image search
Similar Images allows you to search for images using pictures rather than words. Click the “Similar images” link under an image to find other images that look like it. Try a search of your own or click on an example below.
CompFight: Flickr image search which yields easy to scan thumbnails, can limit searches to creative commons only
FlickrStorm: Lets you search for Flickr images and add them to a saved URL, great for works cited page, unfortunately doesn’t let you search for CC only
http://tv.wibeset.com/ – Search for YouTube videos in a format similar to CompFight
issuu – “Explore a world of publications by people and publishers alike. Collect, share and publish in a format designed to make your documents look their very best”
fur.ly – shorten multiple URLs to one, like browsing through tabs in a single window
toogle: google and twitter results shown
Retweetist: how often you have been
Google “David Pogue expansion software”
– Typing-Expansion Software NYT article by David Pogue
tineye.com – finds original image sources
noteflight.com – online Finale or Sibelius
– music can be collaboratively edited
Jamstudio: put in chords
Bump iPhone app for exchanging contact info
Todaysmeet for backchanneling
Here was Kevin Honeycutt’s YouTube submission from the train to the session:
Here’s the Ustream of this session
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Interview with Chris Davis on "Journeys in Podcasting" Project - 2015
- Gameification is SO Much More Than Badges - 2015
- Using iPads in the Classroom? Check Out Classkick - 2015
- Visual Notes from Steven Anderson & Kyle Pace's ISTE Session for Administrators - 2013
- Open Educational Resources: Share, Remix, Learn #iste11 - 2011
- Copyright and licensing considerations when importing library audiobooks - 2010
- A great day of conversations at EduBloggerCon09 - 2009
- Leveraging social media tools for social change - 2009
- Wish a particular tool existed? Learn how to get it made! We'll design a tool together - 2009
- A light table, sand, music, tragic history and a phenomenal artist - 2009