Google Similar Images: now integrated with regular image search
Similar Images allows you to search for images using pictures rather than words. Click the “Similar images” link under an image to find other images that look like it. Try a search of your own or click on an example below.
CompFight: Flickr image search which yields easy to scan thumbnails, can limit searches to creative commons only
FlickrStorm: Lets you search for Flickr images and add them to a saved URL, great for works cited page, unfortunately doesn’t let you search for CC only
http://tv.wibeset.com/ – Search for YouTube videos in a format similar to CompFight
issuu – “Explore a world of publications by people and publishers alike. Collect, share and publish in a format designed to make your documents look their very best”
fur.ly – shorten multiple URLs to one, like browsing through tabs in a single window
toogle: google and twitter results shown
Retweetist: how often you have been
Google “David Pogue expansion software”
– Typing-Expansion Software NYT article by David Pogue
tineye.com – finds original image sources
noteflight.com – online Finale or Sibelius
– music can be collaboratively edited
Jamstudio: put in chords
Bump iPhone app for exchanging contact info
Todaysmeet for backchanneling
Here was Kevin Honeycutt’s YouTube submission from the train to the session:
Here’s the Ustream of this session
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Visual Notes from Steven Anderson & Kyle Pace's ISTE Session for Administrators - 2013
- Open Educational Resources: Share, Remix, Learn #iste11 - 2011
- Copyright and licensing considerations when importing library audiobooks - 2010
- A great day of conversations at EduBloggerCon09 - 2009
- Leveraging social media tools for social change - 2009
- Wish a particular tool existed? Learn how to get it made! We'll design a tool together - 2009
- A light table, sand, music, tragic history and a phenomenal artist - 2009
- Director of Technology and Education Outreach: Oklahoma Heritage Association! - 2008
- Nuggets from NECC (2) - 2007
- From "Hand it In" to "Publish it": Re-envisioning our Classrooms by Will Richardson - 2007