This podcast is a recording of Susan Andrews’ presentation, “Bring Curriculum Alive with SCRATCH” at the 2010 METC Conference. The official program description was: Are your students ready to meet 21st Century skills using a fun, simple and free computer programming language to create curriculum related projects? SCRATCH was designed to allow students to use math with lots of ingenuity to create interactive stories, games, music and art while integrating concepts from every area of their curriculum. BYOL – Scratch installed. Download from scratch.mit.edu/download.
- Scratch Software from MIT
- METC 2010 Conference
- Pivot Stickfigure Animator
- Podcast264: Grassroots Creativity: Helping Everyone Become a Creative Thinker by Dr. Mitchel Resnick (July 2008)
- Lifelong Kindergarten
- MIT Media Lab
- Sowing the Seeds for a More Creative Society by Mitchel Resnick (PDF)
- All I Really Need to Know (About Creative Thinking) I Learned (By Studying How Children Learn) in Kindergarten by Mitchel Resnick (PDF)
- Computer as Paintbrush: Technology, Play, and the Creative Society by Mitchel Resnick (PDF)
- My blog notes from Dr. Resnick’s July 2008 NECC presentation (including some additional links)
- Dr. Mitchel Resnick’s Keynote at BLC07: Tools for Creative Thinking (shared by Bob Sprankle)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- How to Enable Comment Moderation on YouTube Videos - 2012
- Publish a Combined iCloud Calendar and Google Calendar - 2012
- Vimeo or YouTube? Where to Post Family Videos? - 2012
- Snow Day Scratch Fun: Using the Broadcast Tag - 2011
- Announcing The Digital Magic Tricks Workshop - 2010
- Great Project Based Learning Resources from the Buck Institute for Education and EduTopia - 2010
- Great quotations about learning with images - 2010
- Summarizing concepts in 5 or 6 images - 2010
- SINGing the Praises of NING by Dawn Danker - 2009
- Anonymous Proxies, Spam and Email Archiving Simplified and Explained - 2009