This podcast is a recording of a presentation shared by Wesley Fryer with librarians and staff of the Pioneer Library System of Oklahoma on February 15, 2010, in Moore. Our digital communications landscape today includes far more than email. By working in the “cloud” using collaborative environments like Google Docs and Google Reader, we flexibly access as well as share information on a variety of computing platforms. This session is a practical overview of the communications landscape of the early 21st century, as well as tips for library media specialists about ways to constructively and powerfully utilize these capabilities.
- Presentation slides on SlideShare (available as a synchronized Slidecast)
- Referenced websites in this presentation on ShareTabs
- Communicating In The Digital Age (Google Presentation)
- Pioneer Library System (Oklahoma)
- Sarah’s book report in VoiceThread on, “The Lightning Thief” by Rick Riordan
- Digital Footprints ‚ Digital Dossier (YouTube)
- Intel “Sponsors of Tomorrow” video (YouTube)
- Online Stopwatch
- IBM Social Computing Guidelines
- Social Media Guidelines for Educators (Facebook group)
- Here Comes Everybody by Clay Shirky
- Technology 4 Teachers (15 week course in Spring 2010 at the University of Central Oklahoma)
- Power of Asynchronous sharing: SlideShare “Things I Want to Model As Your Teacher“
- One to Many Communication
- Cloud Computing (WikiPedia)
- Google Docs in Plain English (YouTube)
- Collaborative Document Writing: Blogs, Wikis, Google Docs (PI4BL)
- Google Reader
- RSS in Plain English (YouTube)
- All recent and upcoming presentation / workshop resources by Wesley Fryer
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Share eBook Highlights from iBooks - 2017
- Scratch Gold - 2013
- Spring Break 2013 Scratch Camp in Yukon, Oklahoma - 2013
- Changing the Pictures of the Classroom in Students' Heads by John Nail - 2012
- Open Registration for Storychaser Spring 2011 Workshops in Oklahoma, Kansas and Texas - 2011
- Panoramic Fieldhouse Photos in Manhattan, Kansas and Norman, Oklahoma - 2010
- Podcast340: On board the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus in Yukon, Oklahoma (interview with Ryan L’Esperance) - 2010
- Communicating In The Digital Age (SlideShare Slidecast) - 2010
- Our rock stars aren't like your rock stars - 2010
- Why Celebrate Oklahoma Voices Matters - 2008