Silvia Tolisano is an amazing educator and teacher-leader. She shared her presentation for the 2009 K-12 Online Conference, “Around the World with Skype,” in both English and Spanish versions. This is one of the best practical video tutorials for using Skype instructionally with students I have ever seen.
Sylvia’s “supporting documents” post for this presentation is thorough and also fantastic. If you are or are considering using Skype or other videoconferencing tools with students in your classroom, don’t miss Sylvia’s outstanding presentation and resource list. The preso is just over 20 minutes long.
Tonight, thanks to Richard Byrne, I learned Sylvia has also published a book on digital storytelling: “How-To-Guide: Digital Storytelling – Tools for Educators.” Sylvia has made this available as a free eBook, or a paperback version via Lulu for $8.50 US. I’m eager to read it both for our Storychasers nonprofit as well as our Celebrate Oklahoma Voices digital storytelling project.
Way to go Sylvia! You rock.
digital, education, learning, school, skype, storytelling, digitalstorytelling, ebook, book, k12online, k12online09, tutorial, howto, audacity, photostory, movie, video, teacher, professional, development
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- More EdCamps Coming: Tulsa, Andover (Kansas) & Stillwater - 2014
- Text Complexity for Common Core State Standards by Linda Everett - 2012
- Recent Developments in Oklahoma Teacher Evaluation by Louis Barlow - 2012
- Developing Student Thinking Skills for College, Career and Citizenship by Rebecca Wilkinson #ccss - 2012
- The Future is Now: IT in Common Core by Nick Migliorino - 2012
- Springer & Monson to Barresi: You Don't Have the Right to Take Over Our Public Schools in Oklahoma - 2012
- Fund the Dreams of Students Through The Generation Project - 2011
- Personalized Digital Newspapers - 2010
- Explorations enroute to and in Christchurch, New Zealand - 2009
- Compelling Oklahoma Oral Histories - 2008