This afternoon my son and I attempted to see the movie “Ironman 2” at Tinseltown Theater in Oklahoma City, but were interrupted by a severe thunderstorm which dumped large, damaging hail on the area around the theater, including my car.
After having to evacuate the theater because of roof damage which led to leaks and falling ceiling tiles, we discovered my car was among about 30 in the parking lot with broken glass.
Thankfully the windshield was not completely destroyed, as the rearview glass was. We were able to drive home safely after clearing the broken glass fragments off our front seats.
This heart-shaped hail shot was the most notable.
You can get a better idea of the size of this glass puncture by comparing it to my hand in this image. I’m guessing this was caused by multiple hailstones.
I had my son record a short video of me using my iPhone, which I uploaded with the CNN iPhone app to the iReporter website.
For some reason, however, this the video did not upload and process successfully on CNN’s iReporter website. This is the second time I’ve tried to submit a video iReport with the app, and neither time has worked.
Thankfully I don’t think there were any reported tornados in this storm today, as there were last Monday. I think we had 12 tornados Monday in all in Oklahoma.
It’s definitely spring time.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Developing Communication Skills With YouTube & iPad Videos - 2013
- Follow a National Geographic Expedition to Everest: Live - 2012
- Praise for Audible's iOS App and Kevin Kelly - 2011
- A challenge to embrace digital texts - 2008
- Podcast251: Geocaching in the Classroom by Barbara Wilson - 2008
- links for 2008-05-16 - 2008
- Lessons learned from high school students enrolled in the Texas Virtual School - 2007
- Time to motivate tomorrow's aerospace engineers is today - 2007
- Podcasting by Mark S. Hudson (Pearson Achievement Solutions) - 2007
- Free content is the future - 2006