This afternoon my son and I attempted to see the movie “Ironman 2″ at Tinseltown Theater in Oklahoma City, but were interrupted by a severe thunderstorm which dumped large, damaging hail on the area around the theater, including my car.
After having to evacuate the theater because of roof damage which led to leaks and falling ceiling tiles, we discovered my car was among about 30 in the parking lot with broken glass.
Thankfully the windshield was not completely destroyed, as the rearview glass was. We were able to drive home safely after clearing the broken glass fragments off our front seats.
This heart-shaped hail shot was the most notable.
You can get a better idea of the size of this glass puncture by comparing it to my hand in this image. I’m guessing this was caused by multiple hailstones.
I had my son record a short video of me using my iPhone, which I uploaded with the CNN iPhone app to the iReporter website.
For some reason, however, this the video did not upload and process successfully on CNN’s iReporter website. This is the second time I’ve tried to submit a video iReport with the app, and neither time has worked.
Thankfully I don’t think there were any reported tornados in this storm today, as there were last Monday. I think we had 12 tornados Monday in all in Oklahoma.
It’s definitely spring time.
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Developing Communication Skills With YouTube & iPad Videos - 2013
- Follow a National Geographic Expedition to Everest: Live - 2012
- Praise for Audible's iOS App and Kevin Kelly - 2011
- A challenge to embrace digital texts - 2008
- Podcast251: Geocaching in the Classroom by Barbara Wilson - 2008
- links for 2008-05-16 - 2008
- Lessons learned from high school students enrolled in the Texas Virtual School - 2007
- Time to motivate tomorrow's aerospace engineers is today - 2007
- Podcasting by Mark S. Hudson (Pearson Achievement Solutions) - 2007
- Free content is the future - 2006