This podcast is a recording of an interview with Nathan Parrow of Oklahoma Robotics LLC, discussing EV (electric vehicle) technology and plugin hybrids. According to their website: Oklahoma Robotics LLC is a group of design engineers ready to take on your custom project. They have worked in various fields including electronics, programing, audio/video, computer, renewable energy, electric vehicles, and more. We are now the US distributor for the LifeTech lithium line of products. Call us to find out about this quality line of lithium batteries and how we can customize it for your specific needs. Oklahoma Robotics is one of the few companies in Oklahoma that offers EV conversions and EV conversion consultation. Nathan Parrow is a Oklahoma State certified EV technician. We are now offering classes in basic electronics and robotics featuring LEDs and Beetle Bots. Contact us for more information about teaching a class for your group or event. [end of website description] I met Nathan thanks to the workshop Oklahoma Robotics offered about making LED light pens and “painting” with LED light pens and digital cameras at the Oklahoma City CoWorking Collaborative. Refer to the podcast shownotes for links and resources related to our conversation on Friday, August 27, 2010.
- Oklahoma Robotics LLC
- EV Conversion with Oklahoma Robotics and Helios Electric
- Oklahoma Robotics Association
- Oklahoma City CoWorking Collaborative (OKCCoCo)
- OKCCoCo on Twitter: @okccoco
- Who Killed the Electric Car documentary (WikiPedia)
- Miles Electric Vehicles
- Bring on the EVs (electric vehicles,) EV Conversion Kits, ZERO Emissions Cars and Plug-In Hybrids (post 22 Aug 2010)
- How to End America’s Addiction to Oil by James Woolsey (WSJ 15 April 2010, login required)
- Archived PDF: How to End America’s Addiction to Oil by James Woolsey (PDF archive version, WSJ 15 April 2010, NO login required)
- Painting with Light! LCD Pens, Circuits and Creativity (post 10 April 2010)
- Painting with LED Light Pens and Sidewalk Chalk (post 27 May 2010)
- Maker Faire OKC – Coming in Spring 2011!
- Jaycut, not YouTube, has the best online, free video editor today (description of my Tesla Motors video)
- Meet the Tesla Electric Car! (YouTube)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Considering Audience and Purpose for Classroom Websites - 2017
- Audio Podcasting Workflows (August 2016) - 2016
- 70 iPad Apps for Elementary STEM - 2014
- Copyright Infringement Claims Lead to Suspension of Legoboy YouTube Channels - 2011
- OKC WordPress User's Group Meeting Notes: August 2011 - 2011
- Storychasing Follow Me Sunday with an iPad2 and iRig Mic - 2011
- Laptop Learning in Massachusetts: BYOL on the horizon? - 2010
- eBook Resources (for iPhone users and others) - 2009
- Podcast328: Students as Self-Advocates: Why/How Learners Should Craft Their Own Digital Footprints (Ginger Lumen) - 2009
- Akismet spam delete all problem fixed - 2008