These are the PollEverywhere results from the survey I shared this morning during the opening session of the 2011 Mississippi Educational Computing Association annual conference. Isn’t it amazing to see how many countries educators are connecting to from home today? This same experience of international, synchronous collaboration needs to become a REGULAR learning experience in our classrooms as well.
For an outstanding, free presentation about using Skype in the classroom, see Sylvia Tolisano’s 2009 presentation for the K-12 Online Conference, “Around the World with Skype.” It’s also available in Spanish as “Alrededor del Mundo con Skype.”
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Good Fair Use Copyright Example in School: "Communities" and The Lion Sleeps Tonight - 2020
- Cell Phone Digital Storytelling with Narrable - 2013
- Visualizing Sharing #edushare - 2012
- Create iPad Stories with StoryPatch - 2011
- Podcast370: Cool Tools for the Classroom by Dr Carl Owens - 2011
- Cool Tools for the Classroom by Dr Carl Owens #msmeca11 - 2011
- Leading Schools with Digital Vision in a Bubblesheet World (Slidecast) #msmeca11 - 2011
- Outsourcing school district IT staff - 2010
- Online learning at Crescent, Oklahoma - 2010
- Teaching more content with an IWB is not transformational - 2010