These are the PollEverywhere results from the survey I shared this morning during the opening session of the 2011 Mississippi Educational Computing Association annual conference. Isn’t it amazing to see how many countries educators are connecting to from home today? This same experience of international, synchronous collaboration needs to become a REGULAR learning experience in our classrooms as well.
For an outstanding, free presentation about using Skype in the classroom, see Sylvia Tolisano’s 2009 presentation for the K-12 Online Conference, “Around the World with Skype.” It’s also available in Spanish as “Alrededor del Mundo con Skype.”
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Cell Phone Digital Storytelling with Narrable - 2013
- Visualizing Sharing #edushare - 2012
- Create iPad Stories with StoryPatch - 2011
- Podcast370: Cool Tools for the Classroom by Dr Carl Owens - 2011
- Cool Tools for the Classroom by Dr Carl Owens #msmeca11 - 2011
- Leading Schools with Digital Vision in a Bubblesheet World (Slidecast) #msmeca11 - 2011
- Outsourcing school district IT staff - 2010
- Online learning at Crescent, Oklahoma - 2010
- Teaching more content with an IWB is not transformational - 2010
- Bribery apparently not a "new argument" for the Oklahoma Supreme Court - 2010