This podcast includes a recording of June 2012 iPad Media Camp participant “takeaways” as well as reflections by facilitator Wesley Fryer about lessons learned from this three day workshop. Refer to podcast shownotes for referenced links and resources. If you are interested in hosting an iPad Media Camp workshop for teachers at your school or in your organization, please contact Wesley Fryer! Spots are still available for the July 11-13 iPad Media Camp in Oklahoma City.
- Recommended iPad Apps for iPad Media Camp (pre-camp preparations)
- iPad Media Camp Curriculum (June 2012)
- @iPadMediaCamp on Twitter
- Participant media products were published to ipadmediacamp.posterous.com
- Participant ShowMe narrated slideshows were published to www.showme.com/ipadmediacamp1
- iPad software mirroring options: Reflection App or Air Server Software
- iPad external microphone options: iRig Microphone ($60)- TASCAM’s iXZ adapter (for professional XLR microphones) – Apple’s Camera Connection Kit with a USB mic like a Snowball
- July 11-13 iPad Media Camp in Oklahoma City
- Google Apps for Education
- YouTube for Schools
- Yukon Public Schools, Oklahoma
- YPS FAQ: Create an Educational YouTube Channel
- YPS FAQ: Bypass the District Content Filter
- Podcast: Improving Reading, Writing and Critical Thinking Skills with Media (Camp Plug & Play, Tuscon, AZ, 11 June 2012)
- Fuel for Educational Change Agents (Wesley Fryer’s secondary podcast channel)
- Contact Wesley Fryer
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcasts!
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Learn About e-Publishing at October 24-25, 2014 OKC Writing Conference - 2014
- "My gut told me to say yes" - 2013
- What do we do for third tier schools? - 2010
- Zed's Ethiopian food and Alexander: 1.5 Years Later - 2009
- The Magic of Digital: Collaborative Interaction in Teacher Professional Development - 2008
- The Transformational Power of Social Media Technology in Learning: Inspiring Stories from the Classroom and Beyond! (Idit Caperton) - 2008
- Where in the World is... GeoRSS for the Classroom - 2008
- Python for Fun Introductory Programming by Michelle Hutton - 2008
- Grassroots Creativity: Helping Everyone Become a Creative Thinker by Dr. Mitchel Resnick (MIT Media Lab) - 2008
- links for 2008-07-02 - 2008