Today I recorded a series of six videos, exploring different questions relating to technology integration and multimedia communication for students and teachers. These include:
- Why are playing with media and mapping media important?
- What is mapping media to the curriculum or Common Core?
- Why are words important and how can students practice digital citizenship?
- Why are digital portfolios important and how can students build them?
- What excites you about learning today?
- How can educators use the Mapping Media framework?
I decided to use this video as my opening “trailer” on my YouTube channel. I recorded these as promotional videos for an upcoming conference in October. I’ve been wanting to record a “whiteboard animation” video (RSA style, like Tony Vincent did recently for the 2013 Mobile Learning Conference) using VideoScribe HD for iPad, but I haven’t made time for that yet. I will soon, however! Additional apps and software programs for creating whiteboard animation videos are included on the “visual notetaking” page of Mapping Media.
I was inspired in my format for these videos by recent interviews with industrial designer Robert Brunner, posted by Katie Fehrenbacher in her article for GigaOm, “Designer Robert Brunner on the difficulties of making hardware and the future of Apple.”
by Wesley Fryer
Are there other questions you think I should address via this approximately 60 second video format, relating to playing with media, mapping media to the curriculum, or technology integration in general?
I recorded these video clips on my iPhone5 with the built-in microphone, and edited the video in iMovie ’11 on a MacBook Air laptop.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Disclosure Statements, EdTech Ambassador Programs and Digital Citizenship - 2017
- Join Free @STEMseeds Webinar Saturday Sept 13th at 10:30 am Central - 2014
- Long Term Sub Needed: Positive Tomorrows of Oklahoma City - 2014
- iOS Content Creators Rejoice: iMovie, Pages, Keynote and More FREE on New Devices! - 2013
- Encouraging Pre-Service Educators to Share Work Publicly Online - 2012
- Lessons Learned from WordPress Blog Upgrades - 2012
- Using Film in Any Class - 2011
- Criteria for moderating comments on a viral video - 2009
- The Educational Technology Influence Nexus - 2008
- EduTopia mention - 2007