Today I recorded a series of six videos, exploring different questions relating to technology integration and multimedia communication for students and teachers. These include:
- Why are playing with media and mapping media important?
- What is mapping media to the curriculum or Common Core?
- Why are words important and how can students practice digital citizenship?
- Why are digital portfolios important and how can students build them?
- What excites you about learning today?
- How can educators use the Mapping Media framework?
I decided to use this video as my opening “trailer” on my YouTube channel. I recorded these as promotional videos for an upcoming conference in October. I’ve been wanting to record a “whiteboard animation” video (RSA style, like Tony Vincent did recently for the 2013 Mobile Learning Conference) using VideoScribe HD for iPad, but I haven’t made time for that yet. I will soon, however! Additional apps and software programs for creating whiteboard animation videos are included on the “visual notetaking” page of Mapping Media.
I was inspired in my format for these videos by recent interviews with industrial designer Robert Brunner, posted by Katie Fehrenbacher in her article for GigaOm, “Designer Robert Brunner on the difficulties of making hardware and the future of Apple.”
by Wesley Fryer
Are there other questions you think I should address via this approximately 60 second video format, relating to playing with media, mapping media to the curriculum, or technology integration in general?
I recorded these video clips on my iPhone5 with the built-in microphone, and edited the video in iMovie ’11 on a MacBook Air laptop.
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Join Free @STEMseeds Webinar Saturday Sept 13th at 10:30 am Central - 2014
- Long Term Sub Needed: Positive Tomorrows of Oklahoma City - 2014
- iOS Content Creators Rejoice: iMovie, Pages, Keynote and More FREE on New Devices! - 2013
- Encouraging Pre-Service Educators to Share Work Publicly Online - 2012
- Lessons Learned from WordPress Blog Upgrades - 2012
- Using Film in Any Class - 2011
- Criteria for moderating comments on a viral video - 2009
- The Educational Technology Influence Nexus - 2008
- EduTopia mention - 2007
- Software and hardware recommendations for an offline elementary school? - 2007