When “No Child Left Behind” legislation was passed by the U.S. Congress in 2001, ironically it left behind many homeless students in Oklahoma City because of its provisions preventing student tracking and selective school admissions. Oklahoma State Representative Joe Dorman is sponsoring legislation which could change that. Tim Willert‘s article and video in today’s Daily Oklahoman, “Oklahoma City private school teaches hope where little exists,” shares a bit of this story and effort to restore funding to Positive Tomorrows in Oklahoma City where my wife teaches 3rd, 4th and 5th graders. Please share this article and video with others you know, and if you’re an Oklahoma voter contact your elected officials! Tell them you want their support for this bill! (It’s House Bill 2230)
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- YouTube Tips and Tricks (September 2020) - 2020
- An Invitation for You: Fall 2016 School Digital Citizenship Survey - 2016
- Adding Audio to a WordPress Sound Blog - 2011
- Using Social Networking Tools to Increase Discussion in the Classroom by Karin Perry - 2010
- Did You Know 4.0 - The Mobile Revolution is Here - 2009
- Chinese Parental Expectations, Creativity, and Chinese Film Recommendations - 2009
- Podcast284: Media Literacy as Literacy for the Information Age by Dr. Renee Hobbs - 2008
- Podcast283: Dr. Cathy M. Roller's keynote at the 2008 OTEP Reading Conference - 2008
- EverNote iPhone Voice Memos - 2008
- Proof a T-1 line is insufficient - 2008