These are the presentation slides for my morning workshop today in Dodge City, Kansas, on “Digital Literacy.” The session description is:
Digital literacy today means much more than searching the Internet and using Microsoft Office. To be digitally literate, teachers as well as students need to be able to create and share online a variety of different multimedia products. These media products can be “mapped” to your curriculum and the Common Core State Standards. In this keynote, Wesley Fryer provides an overview of the 12 different media products in the Mapping Media framework. These include Interactive Writing, Narrated Art, Radio Shows, 5 Photo Stories, Visual Notes, Narrated Slideshows/Screencasts, Puppet Videos, Quick Edit Videos, eBooks, GeoMaps, Simulations or Games, and Digital Stories. Learn more and access session resources on maps.playingwithmedia.com.
I’ll also be sharing an afternoon workshop on creating multimedia / enhanced eBooks using iPads.
by Wesley Fryer
by Wesley Fryer
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- GeoMap Comparison of Cellular Data Speeds Between OKC and Dodge City - 2014
- Remembering the Importance of Creativity in a High Stakes Testing School Culture - 2013
- Options & Tips for Migrating a Posterous site to WordPress, Tumblr, or Posthaven - 2013
- Teacher Blog Controversy in Pennsylvania Points to Need for Social Media Guidelines - 2011
- Photo Geotagging Poses Privacy Risks, But Is NOT a Reason for Panic - 2011
- Will Race to the Top Hurt Kids and Make Charter School Entrepreneurs Rich? - 2010
- Tips to be a better blogger - 2010
- Attribution links in VoiceThreads - 2010
- Marco Torres Keynote: ITSC 2009 Portland - 2009
- Feedback via Gabcast, VoiceThread and Qik from ITSC 2009 - 2009