This week I was fortunate to have the opportunity to learn from Jim Sill (@mistersill) at the EdTechTeam’s Texas Summit featuring Google for Education in Richardson, Texas. Jim shared several breakout sessions at the conference. The one I attended was on “Telling Stories with the Youtube Editor.” Jim also shared a fantastic closing keynote at the conference, as well as the winning “demo slam” 3 minute preso at the close of day 1.
Rather than posting individual session notes to my blog during conference presentations I attend these days, I like live-tweeting links and key takeaways. I like how this serves to further amplify the great ideas of super presenters like Jim in the Twitterverse, and also how those tweets are not only saved in my personal TweetNest archive (for later reference) but also can be organized and shared via Storify. This morning I created a Storify of my tweets about Jim’s great ideas and resources from the Google Summit in Richardson, and included a few tweets from others too. If you missed out on this week’s opportunity to learn from Jim, hopefully you can catch him at an upcoming EdTechTeam event! These tweets from Jim’s sessions and keynote may also inspire you in your own digital videography and work as an educator! If you’re not already following Jim (@mistersill) on Twitter, take a moment to remedy that oversight right now. He’s a witty and extremely knowledgeable educator. Also check out Jim’s great Google Site of resources, mainly focusing on digital media and videography.
by Wesley Fryer
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Amazing Perspective in GoPro Videos - 2014
- Feedback Wanted: ISTE13 Ignite - Open Doors for Students - 2013
- Create a Narrated Slideshow on an iPad with Haiku Deck and Explain Everything - 2013
- Kevin Hodgson is the YODA of Stopmotion in the classroom - 2010
- Electrical outlets in demand - 2010
- Natural Learning: What Schools Don't Do by Steve Wycoff - 2008
- Online Safety: What every educator should know (Kevin Honeycutt) - 2008
- Drupal for Education by John Jones - 2008
- LoTi: Elevating Expectations, Performance and Accountability - 2008
- Trends, Tools and Tactics for 21st Century Learning (keynote by Kevin Honeycutt) - 2008