In this podcast from the road, Wesley Fryer discusses recent and current eBook projects using the iPad app “Book Creator” by Red Jumper in his STEM classroom and in the library of his elementary school in Yukon, Oklahoma. The five different publishing workflow options he explores in detail are: 1 – Open in iBooks locally, 2- Save to Cloud Storage like DropBox or Google Drive, 3- Email to Posthaven, 4- Export to Video and Publish to YouTube, and 5- Export to PDF and print-on-demand (a hard copy) with Lulu.com. He also discusses workflow options in which the classroom teacher posts eBook videos to YouTube after students transfer them to the teacher’s iOS device using the free app InstaShare, and the option of directly posting to YouTube from student iPads using the free app YouTube Capture. Refer to the podcast shownotes for referenced links and resources. Please share comments or feedback as Twitter replies to @wfryer or as comments to this podcast post.
- eBook Project at Independence Elementary, Yukon Public Schools (Oklahoma)
- YouTube Playlist of 47 Student eBooks from the “Minecraft Geometry Challenge”
- eBook Project Storyboard / Planning Sheet for the MinecraftEDU Geometry Project (PDF)
- More MinecraftEDU Resources from Wes’ STEM Curriculum site (including Minecraft Geometry Challenge)
- STEM Classroom YouTube Channel of Dr. Fryer (coachfryer)
- Book Creator for iPad app by Red Jumper (@bookcreatorapp)
- InstaShare app for iPad (free)
- Posthaven (Posterous clone)
- Google Apps for Education (GAFE)
- YouTube Capture app for iPad (free)
- Lulu.com (print on demand – paper books)
- “Our Favorite Books” Project (Spring 2013 enhanced eBook Project by Mrs. Moore’s 3rd Graders at Quail Creek Elementary, OKCPS)
- Tony Vincent’s mobile learning website: Learning in Hand (@tonyvincent)
- Follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter: @wfryer
- Follow Wesley Fryer’s STEM classroom on Twitter: @iesSTEM
- Fuel for Educational Change Agents (Wes’ secondary podcast channel)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcasts!
by Wesley Fryer
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- iPad App Clean Install (December 2014) - 2014
- Learning About Posting YouTube Videos to WordPress, Windows RT Copy Paste, and iMovie for iPhone - 2013
- Location Change for December OKC Google Tools Workshops - 2010
- Google Goggles: A new way to search with pictures - 2009
- iPhone and iTouch video out functionality, 1 to 1 Learning, and CCC Pedagogy - 2008
- Breadboards, LED lights, small screens, and programming homegrown, inexpensive computers - 2008
- When things go wrong, we learn and go on... - 2007
- Live on the web from Pearl Harbor: NOW - 2007
- Archive of Dec 6th videoconference from Pearl Harbor - 2007
- Pearl Harbor Videoconferencing VoiceThread - 2007