This podcast is a recording of Dr. Wesley Fryer’s presentation “Sharing Student Work Online” on October 7, 2015, at the Oklahoma Technology Association (OTA) / Encyclo-Media Conference in Oklahoma City. The session description was: When students at school use media to “show what they know and can do,” they need safe, adult-moderated, online spaces to share their digital work with others and receive thoughtful feedback. Learn how to to use free websites like KidBlog and Blogger, along with apps like Easy Blogger Jr., to share student work online and moderate feedback. Discuss how to help students “compose quality comments” for others. Explore workflows to safely use a classroom YouTube channel to publish and share student work, also with moderated feedback. See examples of school and classroom permission forms for publishing student work. Get practical ideas for “normalizing” the regular, open publication of student work at your school for moderated feedback from peers, parents, and others around the world. Check the podcast shownotes for links to session slides (shared as a Google Presentation) as well as other referenced resources.
- Presentation Slides (Google Presentation)
- Presentation website: Sharing Student Work Online
- ShowWithMedia.com – What Do You Want to Create Today?
- OTA/Encyclo-Media 2015
- Classroom website of Shelly Fryer
- uBlock Origin Google Chrome Extension (free – blocks ads & uses little memory)
- Tab Suspender Google Chrome Extension (free)
- Seven Indispensable Google Chrome Extensions
- Tips for Choosing a Classroom Blog (August 2015)
- Fuel for Educational Change Agents Podcast
- Digital Sharing Conference (November 2016)
- OklaEd Learning Showcase (showcasing student work)
- Yukon Public Schools Learning Showcase
- Follow Shelly Fryer on Twitter: @sfryer
- Follow Wes Fryer on Twitter: @wfryer
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Lessons Learned as an Educational Consultant (Oct 2013) - 2013
- Steve Jobs Inspired Me to Dream Big Again - 2011
- Jack Berckemeyer: Opening Keynote at Qatar Academy - 2011
- Marketing Flyer for the 2010 K-12 Online Conference #k12online10 - 2010
- Tools to simplify meeting scheduling - 2009
- A worthless worksheet and a voluntary VoiceThread - 2008
- Is technology at school an event or a tool set? - 2008
- K12Online discussions on EdTechTalk - 2007
- Turning to YouTube for an Origami Tutorial - 2007
- Meaningful professional development via book studies - 2007